Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GHL 2.1 Manual Dosing

Default GHL 2.1 Manual Dosing

Hi , I need to use the manual function of the doser to dose Calcium and Alk at different times of the day to avoid precipitation , but can only seem to set it for maximum of 8 doses a day, this means I have to dose large quantities of alk that make my PH levels rise too much.

Is there a way around the 8 dose maximum as this is not a cheap doser and doesn't seem to do what I need it to do ?

Hello. I am a new user of the doser, so please take my suggestions as just that. I think if you do auto dosing, you can set the start time and then can have as many as 150 doses per day of the amount you wish.

yes I know I can do auto dosing but I then have no control over when my calcium and alkalinity are dosed as I am dosing large amounts of all I need to dose many times over 24hours to prevent PH spikes and if they both dose together I get precipitation, so ideally it would be great to set my own times but need more than 8 doses a day .

Yep, i'm having the same problem. Would be so nice to have an option to add as many daily times (up to 150) like the automatic dosing.

I think I'm gonna run my Alk or Cal line to a different part of my sump to avoid precipitation or start the other dose for calcium at 3pm just after the Alk finishes. I start my 150/day automatic dosing at 3-4am when my pH is the lowest.

My question is how does the controller break up amount times? Every 5,10,15,30 45, minutes...etc.? I wanna know how it's calculated?

@tonvol
    You can use the Auto dosing option and select at what time you what the first dose of the day to occur for the selected pump. On the 2nd pump, set the starting dose far enough so that the dosages of both pumps do not overlap.

@Reefaholic
    Dosage times are evenly split throughout the day based on how many times you tell the doser to run.
    Example: 2 doses per day = Dose every 12 hrs ...12 doses per day = Dose every 2 hours... etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

@Reefaholic
    Dosage times are evenly split throughout the day based on how many times you tell the doser to run.
    Example: 2 doses per day = Dose every 12 hrs ...12 doses per day = Dose every 2 hours... etc...
    Thx, for the clarification Vinny!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    @tonvol
    You can use the Auto dosing option and select at what time you what the first dose of the day to occur for the selected pump. On the 2nd pump, set the starting dose far enough so that the dosages do not overlap.

Vinny...so say I set my Alk to dose Mon morning at 4am. So 24 hours later would be Tuesday Morning at 4am. Would I then set my calcium to drop starting at 4:10am Tuesday morning and have to separate them by 24 hour periods??

Or could they be set just 30 minutes apart and stay on a 30 minute “off-set” schedule?

Example: Start both on Monday morning. One drops at 4:00am and the other at 4:30am. Would this keep them staggered 30 minutes apart during the 24 hour period? Then they restart again on Tuesday morning at 4:00 and 4:30 am.?

Quote Originally Posted by Reefahholic View Post
    Example: Start both on Monday morning. One drops at 4:00am and the other at 4:30am. Would this keep them staggered 30 minutes apart during the 24 hour period? Then they restart again on Tuesday morning at 4:00 and 4:30 am.?
    Yes, you got it!
    Both begin on the same day, but their first dose of the day can be set to begin apart from each other.

Perfect!

Hi,

Was the original question ever answered? I have two GHL Doser 2.1, and I am trying to set a more complex manual dosing schedule. I.e the automatic dosing regimen is not really applicable to my situation. Is there a way to do more than 8 manual doses a day per channel?

Thanks!