Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GHL 2.1 Manual Dosing

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZ View Post
    Hi,

Was the original question ever answered? I have two GHL Doser 2.1, and I am trying to set a more complex manual dosing schedule. I.e the automatic dosing regimen is not really applicable to my situation. Is there a way to do more than 8 manual doses a day per channel?

Thanks!
    Hi Stephen... unfortunately no. The only option is 8 manual doses or up 150x daily automatically.

Just stagger the doses and it’s about the same honestly unless you’re trying to dose only at night. In that cause it would be nice to have the ability to drop 75 doses in 12 hours. Or 50 doses in 8 hours.

I actually just got a response from GHL. They actually said that it is possible if I purchase a Profilux system... Seems like an expensive upgrade just to be able to add a slightly higher resolution in dosing...

Also Reefahholic, the reason why I don't want to use the automatic intervals is because I am using it to dose alkalinity. I run a 65 gallon system with a ton of SPS. The alkalinity consumption is super higher at day, and almost non-existant at night. Without dosing the system can easily consume alkalinity from 9dkh to 7dkh in a day. With only 8 time dosing during the day, it's almost impossible to keep the parameters stable the way I'd like it to be :/ Sure a 0.2dkh fluctuation every hour is probably not detrimental, but as the consumption increases that will eventually become as much as 1dkh every hour... Had I known this I may have opted for a different system. Seems like a pretty easy thing to patch. Can someone from GHL respond as to whether this is something that can be implemented? From a stability standpoint, being able to at least do 24 in a day would drastically improve the stability for those who are more experienced with setting up such systems...

I actually just got a response from GHL. They actually said that it is possible if I purchase a Profilux system... Seems like an expensive upgrade just to be able to add a slightly higher resolution in dosing...

Also Reefahholic, the reason why I don't want to use the automatic intervals is because I am using it to dose alkalinity. I run a 65 gallon system with a ton of SPS. The alkalinity consumption is super higher at day, and almost non-existant at night. Without dosing the system can easily consume alkalinity from 9dkh to 7dkh in a day. With only 8 time dosing during the day, it's almost impossible to keep the parameters stable the way I'd like it to be :/ Sure a 0.2dkh fluctuation every hour is probably not detrimental, but as the consumption increases that will eventually become as much as 1dkh every hour... Had I known this I may have opted for a different system. Seems like a pretty easy thing to patch. Can someone from GHL respond as to whether this is something that can be implemented? From a stability standpoint, being able to at least do 24 in a day would drastically improve the stability for those who are more experienced with setting up such systems...
    I run a 75/G system thatÂ’s SPS dominant and IÂ’m not having an issue keeping it stable within the 24 hr period using the automatic dosing at 150X per day. I hear what youÂ’re saying and I agree with you that more options would be great, but itÂ’s honestly working pretty well for me. I currently donÂ’t fluctuate much more than about 0.2-0.3 per 24 hrs. However, it would be a game changer if we could dose 75x in 12 hrs and pick AM or PM hours or even program 150 set times and dosing amounts during a 24 hr period.

One thing you might consider is dosing Kalk during the day since you said youÂ’re consuming more at that time. Or dripping it. I run Kalk on one of my GHL heads to keep pH up and decrease demand since itÂ’s very cheap to dose. This prevents me from burning through all my ESV B-Ionic too quickly.

BTW, sounds like you have a really nice packed tank. Can you post a pic?

I dose Triton, so everything is dosed based on alk. I've tried the 24hr period dosing but it ends up spiking my alk after running through the night.. and then over the day coming back to 8.0. Currently I have the 7 doses spread out over the day time and 1 at night time. Not ideal but it is stable enough for now.

Haha my tank isn't "packed" yet. But I suspect a couple of my pieces are draining my alk. I do have about 30+ acro frags that are now starting to take off. I'll take a picture once I get home!

I dose Triton, so everything is dosed based on alk. I've tried the 24hr period dosing but it ends up spiking my alk after running through the night.. and then over the day coming back to 8.0. Currently I have the 7 doses spread out over the day time and 1 at night time. Not ideal but it is stable enough for now.

Haha my tank isn't "packed" yet. But I suspect a couple of my pieces are draining my alk. I do have about 30+ acro frags that are now starting to take off. I'll take a picture once I get home!
    Ok. 👍🏼

@Vinny

When do you guys expect an upgrade on the 2.1 SA pump?

I wanna buy another one soon, but would love to get an upgraded version. Not that the current version is bad, but I was wondering if they plan to add more dosing options to the manual dosing times or even the automatic dosing?