Thread: Triton method

Default Triton method

I’m considering getting the KH Director but I don’t know if it will be beneficial for me. I’m running the full Triton method on my SPS tank.

I’m in the forces and will be away for a couple of months. The wife will be looking after the tank so I need it to be as easy as possible for her.
    Initially I can only afford the director and a doser (I have a Kamoer X4 that I’m using at the moment).
    Im thinking I can use pump 4 for 3a/3b to keep the KH stable and the X4 for 1+2.

Would this work and does it warrant the initial cost?

Hello,

The KHD set will include a 4-channel dosing pump of which 3 heads will be used to run the KHD...leaving you with 1 available dosing head for one of the Triton bottles.

Since the KHD can make adjustments to your existing dose schedule on pump #4, changes would not occur on the Kamoer doser unless manually adjusted. It would be best to use a KHD set and an additional dosing unit (Doser 2.1 slave) so that all your Triton dosing schedules can be adjusted automatically.

If that is not an option right now, I would use the KHD for testing until you can get a 2nd dosing unit for all 4 Triton bottles to be dosed from a Doser 2.1.

Thanks Vinny.

I’ve just picked a KHD up, I will try and set it up at the weekend to see how it runs.