Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ION Director - measuring Ca + Mg

Default ION Director - measuring Ca + Mg

We didn't want to announce our next product, the ION Director, before we have ALL facts, especially prices and availability, and all technical details, because announcing too early can lead to unnecessary pressure and dissatisfaction - so we tried to avoid that.

BUT: So many people who knew that we are working on a solution for measuring Calcium had been asking the last weeks, we felt that it is overdue to announce now at least the most important (and already firm) facts.

This is already clear about the ION Director:

• will measure (at least) Calcium and Magnesium
    • no reagents, works with sensors (but still needs calibration fluid)
    • several measurements per day (customizable), no permanent measurement
    • needs a Doser Standalone, ProfiLux 3 or ProfiLux 4 as a "brain" for operation, connected over ProfiLux Aquatic Bus (similar principle as KH Director)
    • needs 2 or 3 pumps (still under development): sample in/out, calibration fluid in + out
    • can also control Ca and Mg (via changing dosing amounts or switching sockets)
    • small sample amount
    • self calibrating
    • usual features as for our other measurements: alarms, graphs, etc.
    • will be shown at Macna 2019
    • sales start November 2019

No final information about prices yet. No details about the probes resp. their lifetime can be announced at this point.
    Our main goals are to have very accurate readings, long probe lifetime and reasonably priced replacement probes. We are working hard with our probe vendor on that.

Our tests are extremely promising, this is how it will look like (maybe changes in details):

More details ASAP.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

So stoked about this. November can't come soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Will you be making 8 head dosing units anytime soon?

I have started doing some research and starting to become concerned with testing with what I can only assume to be ion selective electrodes. Any idea when additional information will be released and/or are there any Canadian beta testers, primarily looking at south western Ontario

Cant Wait

Can’t wait to add this on my tank! Been very pleased with the KH Director and the P4.

Would be a great addition since I’m not always in the mood to test my parameters and a huge fan of automatisation.

Quick status update:

Prototyping phase for electronics finished, design of the first release V1.00 completed, production of the preproduction series starts in 3 weeks. After our test of these boards there will probably be some finetuning, afterwards the first batch can be started. So at the moment we are absolutely on schedule.

I just ordered V1.00 boards (here a screenshot from my EDA system):

ION-Director-PCB_V100.jpg
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

That looks like a sexy circuit board

I know you will have many helpers, but if you do need any more real-world tester then you know where I am!

Regards
    Andy

So excited for this release. Counting down.

Hello, is it necessary to have the kh director to use the ION Director? Can you measure the kh with the ION Director?

thankyou and best regards