Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for tester for ProfiLux II Firmware 5.00i

Default Looking for tester for ProfiLux II Firmware 5.00i

from now on the BETA-Version 5.00i for all ProfiLux II-models can be downloaded

many of the new functions for ProfiLux 3 had been implemented, have a look into manual 5.00

this firmware is brandnew and has still BETA-Status -> bugs can't be excluded - if there occur problems then you should downgrade to 4.08, this is the reason why I recommend to save the 4.xx settings in any case - then you are able to recover them

it is not possible to copy the 4.xx settings to a ProfiLux with 5.xx because there are too many and too large changes, the firmware is not compatible

Please do the update as described below:
    - save sensordata and settings with ProfiLuxControl II 4.xx
    - then update with ProfiLuxControl II 4.xx to firmware 5.00i
    - install ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.6 and use it to access ProfiLux II (ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.6 can handle PII and P3)
    - correct settings

please report bugs in this thread

A special hint for all Aqua Illumination users: This firmware is able to work with the old style and new style lamps (protocol is adjustable)!

Can someone please post this link in the equipment section of reef central. We have many Ai users waiting for this and not all visit either forums.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

any release notes on i

no, this is a complete new firmware

I recommend to check the manual 5.00 if there is anything which may be interesting for you

hey i believe i've successfully installed firmware 5i for my p2 ex.

i still have to do all of my recalibrations for PH, redox, Salinity, but i got ATO and temp.

more importantly to the update, it is now controlling the new AI modules! it does seem like there may be a few bugs however.

1 - No clouds, even at 100% probability i havent seen a cloud in 20 minutes.
    2 - seems like in the 'light scenarios' mode, all of the channels control the white LEDs when you try to adjust in manual mode.

more may come as i test out longer.

clouds - in the new firmware you need to activate this simulation in the illumination settings for each channel
    light scenario - did you assign the white and blue LEDs to correct channels?

got it -- tried that. it does activate the feature but the feature seems strange.

1 - the cloud feature INCREASES the light initially (looks like it goes to what i have it set to be as max, 40%; currently it should be 11% as it ramps up from 10% - 40% white) and then begins to decrease for a cloud, but once it reaches the full cloud (darkest point), it jumps all the way back to max, instead of gradually coming back.

2 - this may be on purpose, but the two channels white and blue run clouds independently of one another. i preferred it when the lights dimmed together but again this may have been done intentionally.

3 - i do have the lights on the right channel (and for ramp up and down in the illumination channel settings they DO WORK PROPERLY for controlling each channel, white and blue). I have white in channel 1 and blue in channel 2. the light mixer does not recognize channel 2 and presents all 8 channels with the ability to control the whites only.

*Thunderstorm seems to work well, and it gradually darkens at the start of the storm and gradually lightens at the end of the storm.

*Rainy days seem to work well

*I see no problem with moon phase

just sent you pm about rc

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Matthias,

also wanted to add that i had a strange problem trying to set the digital power bar assignments. it may be my fault in some way but i was not able to set the digital powerbar settings from ProfiluxControl, I had to do it directly on the unit.

I was trying to set socket 6 to Temp 1, socket 5 to Water 1, and it ended up applying the Temp1 settings to socket 1 even though in Profiluxcontrol I tried to set socket 1 to always OFF.

Then i just went to the unit itself and went to "socket outlet functions" and did it there and it has been working fine since.

Hello all,

I have just updated to the new firmware 5.00i version but now I can not connect to the Profilux via the Prolific USB to Serial port. It worked before the update.
    I unfortunately didn't know about Matthias's post at the start of this thread so I didn't back anything up.

The box has de-faulted to German and I can not change it to English as I can not connect to it via the PC.

Is there anyway to re-install firmware version4.08? Or any other options?

Tks