Thread: Looking for tester for ProfiLux II Firmware 5.00i

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking for tester for ProfiLux II Firmware 5.00i

from now on the BETA-Version 5.00i for all ProfiLux II-models can be downloaded

many of the new functions for ProfiLux 3 had been implemented, have a look into manual 5.00

this firmware is brandnew and has still BETA-Status -> bugs can't be excluded - if there occur problems then you should downgrade to 4.08, this is the reason why I recommend to save the 4.xx settings in any case - then you are able to recover them

it is not possible to copy the 4.xx settings to a ProfiLux with 5.xx because there are too many and too large changes, the firmware is not compatible

Please do the update as described below:
    - save sensordata and settings with ProfiLuxControl II 4.xx
    - then update with ProfiLuxControl II 4.xx to firmware 5.00i
    - install ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.6 and use it to access ProfiLux II (ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.6 can handle PII and P3)
    - correct settings

please report bugs in this thread

A special hint for all Aqua Illumination users: This firmware is able to work with the old style and new style lamps (protocol is adjustable)!

Can someone please post this link in the equipment section of reef central. We have many Ai users waiting for this and not all visit either forums.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

any release notes on i

no, this is a complete new firmware

I recommend to check the manual 5.00 if there is anything which may be interesting for you

hey i believe i've successfully installed firmware 5i for my p2 ex.

i still have to do all of my recalibrations for PH, redox, Salinity, but i got ATO and temp.

more importantly to the update, it is now controlling the new AI modules! it does seem like there may be a few bugs however.

1 - No clouds, even at 100% probability i havent seen a cloud in 20 minutes.
    2 - seems like in the 'light scenarios' mode, all of the channels control the white LEDs when you try to adjust in manual mode.

more may come as i test out longer.

clouds - in the new firmware you need to activate this simulation in the illumination settings for each channel
    light scenario - did you assign the white and blue LEDs to correct channels?

Question - I recalibrated all my probes to version 5.00i. Will these settings transfer over to 5.00i2 and to the final release of firmware 5 for the p2?

It wouldn't let me save my settings in the new profiluxcontrol 5 software, I tried and it said that the function was not available in the beta version... Thanks.
    Last edited by jonnybravo22; 22.01.2010 at 23:28.

yes, the settings will not reset after update to V5.00i2