Thread: Has anyone else suffered similar issues with their analogue temp probe?

Default Has anyone else suffered similar issues with their analogue temp probe?

Has anyone else suffered similar issues with their analogue temp probe?

Device Details
    ProfiLux 3.1N
    FW-Version 6.38

Official GHL Temp Probe with Mini-Din connection connected in to the lower din on the ProfiLux. When the probe is fully inserted it reads 14.8c and if you loosen the connection it climbs to 40c. I have replaced the temp probe with a brand new probe and the same issue happens.

The ProfiLux was purchased second hand so I have no way on knowing if the issue was present before, however I was advised there were no issues.

I have tried cleaning the din socket on the ProfiLux with a dry toothbrush and the same result.

I have performed a re-calibration on the ProfiLux itself and via the control centre whereby the ADC values are set to 677 and 319.

The temp holds at 14.8 and if you correct/adjust the temp it simply stays put and does not increase or decrease.

I have changed the signal strength in the command centre and this has no affect at highest, middle and lowest strengths.

As the din is on the main circuit board I suspect there should be no loose connection internally however I will disconnect the device and check for issues if no one has any other option to resolve the issue.

I have reviewed the forum and and tried the previous posted suggestions to no avail.

If anyone is able to assist with this I would be truly grateful.

Do you habe a multimeter?
    Try to find the 2 Pins at the probe with About 1kO
    It should Change of you Change the temperature of the probe.
    Otherwise the probe is defekt.
    Second step connect a 1kO Resistor to the 2 Pins at the profilux. This should the profilux accept as 20 Degree Celsius. Otherwise you habe a Problem with the profilux.

Hi Gandalf, many thanks for your reply.

Will get on Amazon and purchase a multi-meter.

Perhaps somebody from ghl will be so kind and name you the 2 pins you have to check.

That would indeed be useful.

GHL are you able to advise?

Quote Originally Posted by starmonkey77 View Post
    That would indeed be useful.

GHL are you able to advise?
    Should be pin 4 and 5. You can test as Gandalf said ca. 1kOhm at 20 C, if the probe is good.220px-MiniDIN-6_Connector_Pinout.svg.png
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi MatthiasF,

What would the resistance be at 26c?

Quote Originally Posted by starmonkey77 View Post
    Hi MatthiasF,

What would the resistance be at 26c?
    This should be around 1.1 kOhms.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.