Thread: Feeder

Default Feeder

Read on ReefBuilders that GHL was coming out with an automated feeder.

I am excited but sad that it looks like I will need to replace my version 3 controller.
    Mark

Is there any news on this?

Does GHL intend to release its own Profilux-compatible feeder?

If not, what would be currently the most recommended set-up with Profilux controlling an external third-party automatic feeder? I would like the idea for the two to work together... e.g. Profilux slowing down the pump to lower the water current, activate feeder and then after some time bring the pump back to full speed again... Any way this can be done with Profilux 4? What would you recommend as a good feeder to use like this?

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas View Post
    Does GHL intend to release its own Profilux-compatible feeder?

If not, what would be currently the most recommended set-up with Profilux controlling an external third-party automatic feeder? I would like the idea for the two to work together... e.g. Profilux slowing down the pump to lower the water current, activate feeder and then after some time bring the pump back to full speed again... Any way this can be done with Profilux 4? What would you recommend as a good feeder to use like this?
    These feeders can be triggered using a switch port and any low voltage AC/DC adapter:
    http://www.super-feed.com/product.html

I use this with a Profilux switch channel configured for Inverted | Filter 1.

This will turn on the switch port whenever feed pause is activated. You can then assign feed pause 1 to a timer. If you have a stream group to control your pump, you can set it to react on feed pause 1 and will stay at minimum setting (or off) for the duration. It doesn't matter that the feeder is powered constantly for 5 minutes or so. It will only feed once, then needs to be turned off for several minutes before powering on the feeder will trigger again.
    Last edited by jordan; 30.09.2021 at 03:14.

Im hoping that GHL comes with a feeder it's been a long time and nothing has been mentioned for awhile so maybe no longer doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by tmccaf View Post
    Im hoping that GHL comes with a feeder it's been a long time and nothing has been mentioned for awhile so maybe no longer doing it.
    Hello,

I am not authorized to announce if a product will be marketed soon or not but it would be very interesting to know your expectations.
    -> Which system do you think is better: Rotary drum? Screw conveyor? Rotating disk with individual doses?
    -> In your opinion, which system is the most precise, the most reliable, the least sensitive to blockages and humidity?
    -> What are the technical prerequisites related to your tanks (net, lid, etc.)?
    -> What is your current favorite model and why?

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

EHEIM automatic fish feeder is my favorite one (easy to program and it just works).

Rotary drum I think thats what Eheim does. Be nice to be able to use frozen foods maybe not possible though.

I would love to be able to auto feed powedered food.

I am now adding the scoops I need to some water, stirr it and then add this to my aquariums.

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.

Lächeln

Quote Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    Hello,

I am not authorized to announce if a product will be marketed soon or not but it would be very interesting to know your expectations.
    -> Which system do you think is better: Rotary drum? Screw conveyor? Rotating disk with individual doses?
    -> In your opinion, which system is the most precise, the most reliable, the least sensitive to blockages and humidity?
    -> What are the technical prerequisites related to your tanks (net, lid, etc.)?
    -> What is your current favorite model and why?

Gaël
    I use a JBL Screw conveyor Feeder with integrated controller. And an pressuries air connection to keep the pellets dry. Works fine