Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KH Readings Low

Default KH Readings Low

Hi all,

I am having problems with the reading from my KH director.

The readings are consistently low, KH director is 6.3, Hanna checker is 8.68. I have also check with Redsea manually.

I previously had the KH director attached to my profilux 3ex and it worked fine as far the readings compared to the hanna.

I have now swapped the 3 over to the 4.

I have recalibrated the pumps multiple times, remeasured the tubing and have double checked the tubing calculator and have also measured what is in the supply line.

Have also recalibrated the ph probe multiple times and have confirmed the calibration reading back in the solution.

Have also flushed unit, vented regent etc. The regent tube is well under 70cm and has no visiblefile.jpgfile1.jpg bubbles.

Pics of setup and control centre.

Anyone got any ideas on whats going on?

If the readings are consistent, the KH Director is working correctly. What are the flow rates of the pumps?

You could ajdust the displayed measured value with the input at the top right of the KH Director settings page.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

hi,

pump 1 is 40ml (Fast), pump 2 is 4ml (slow), pump 3 is 39ml (fast).

Yes I guess i could change the displayed measurement, although would be good to understand why it is not correct without such a large adjustment.

I think it's the calibration of the dosing pumps. With a flowrate of 4ml/min. at slow speed, it should be near 32ml/min. at fast speed.
    We recommend using a very precise measurement tool. A micro scales would be a good option.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Very interesting that you mention after switching from P3 to P4 you getting lower reading!! I am having exactly the same problem! pump calibrated several times using digital scale. So this is not a calibration error. Order reference solution from GHLL USA 8 days ago and still my order hasnt been shipped yet
    I suspect internal issue with DKH(

Quote Originally Posted by mshur View Post
    Very interesting that you mention after switching from P3 to P4 you getting lower reading!! I am having exactly the same problem! pump calibrated several times using digital scale. So this is not a calibration error. Order reference solution from GHLL USA 8 days ago and still my order hasnt been shipped yet
    I suspect internal issue with DKH(
    And you also have recalibrated the pH-probe?

Of course ! Probe calibrated and show correct PH calibration fluid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When measuring and calculating the sample hose length for volume, are you including the 4" for the line in the dosing pump head?
    Also make sure to mine the tubing ID, the hose GHL provides is 4mm ID, if you use RO or US Vinyl/Poly Vinyl tubing, it may be 1/8"(0.125") ID ... 3.175mm ID
    marco

RS Reefer 450; /////GHL P3 * 2x PB5.1 * PLM-PWC * -> * 2x Mitras LX 7206, Doser 2 SA Royal Exclusiv RD3 80w(10v) * Bubble King Double Cone 180 w/ RD3
    GHL Owners Facebook Group: GHL Owners / ProfiLux / Mitras / etc

Are the flowrates you've measured while calibrating the soing pumps the same as on the ProfiLux 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Thilo View Post
    Are the flowrates you've measured while calibrating the soing pumps the same as on the ProfiLux 3?
    First pump is different since i change length of the tubing. others are the same