Thread: Heat wave with Profilux 4 (i.e. control value as dynamic value)

Default Heat wave with Profilux 4 (i.e. control value as dynamic value)

Hi all! I have a Profilux4 installed in an aquarium. I need to create a heat wave by changing the nominal temperature gradually e.g. +0,5ºC each 20 min. Ideally I would need to have the option to create my own heat waves, with different steps and changes temperature up and down...

I know that this is possible with Profilux 3:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/mes...rch-institute/

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/benthocosms-in-kiel/

Please can you help me with this issue?

Many thanks!

Here is a possibility/idea as an example, you can extend it if you want:
    You need to set up 2 timers with the desired times for heating and "cooling".
    You also need to set up a virtual temperature sensor that controls the "cooling" phase
    Z= timer
    T= temperature sensor 1= probe, 2= virtual sensor
    Now it goes into the programmable logic
    G1
    Sensor 1 = Z1
    AND
    Sensor 2 = T1
    G2
    Sensor1= Z2
    AND
    Sensor2 = T2
    G3
    Sensor1= G1
    OR
    Sensor2= G2

Socket with heating = programmable logic G3

I hope this is what you want.

Regards Pit

Thanks Pit for your feed back!
    I am not sure if I fully understand your suggestion... If I follow your suggestion I will create like two phases: one of heating (according to the timer 1 and value fixed on the sensor temperature 1) and another one of "cooling" (accordning to timer2 and virtual probe Temperature2), right?

But...I need to have more control on my wave, I mean I would need to say from 9:00 to 9:15 the nominal value for Temp is 19ºC and from 9:15 to 9:30 the nominal value is 19,4ºC, and so on...
    However, following your idea... could I use each one of the 32 possible timer to control one virtual Temperature sensor, right? Then, do you think could it be possible to create a Prog Logic able to jump from one couple of timer and temp probe?? This would allow me to do at least 32 different nominal values...but I am not seeing how to configurate the socket to jump from one Gate to other...
    Something like:
    Z= timer
    T= temperature; sensor 1= probe, 2= virtual sensor1, 3=virtual sensor2, etc.

G1
    Sensor 1 = Z1
    AND
    Sensor 2 = T1
    G2
    Sensor1= Z2
    AND
    Sensor2 = T2
    G3
    Sensor1=Z3
    AND
    Sensor2=T3
    etc.

Then each Temp sensor would work only during the seconds, min or hours that the associated timer is on...right?

The problem is how to configurate then the socket??

One more question: what is then the named: Dynamic nominal value in the menu of the Temperature probe/sensor controls...? How it works?

Many thanks for your help!

I am not sure if I fully understand your suggestion... If I follow your suggestion I will create like two phases: one of heating (according to the timer 1 and value fixed on the sensor temperature 1) and another one of "cooling" (accordning to timer2 and virtual probe Temperature2), right?
    right
    But...I need to have more control on my wave, I mean I would need to say from 9:00 to 9:15 the nominal value for Temp is 19ºC and from 9:15 to 9:30 the nominal value is 19,4ºC, and so on...
    Timer 1
    09:00-009:15, 09:30-09:45, 10:00-10:15 and so on
    Timer 2
    09:15-09:30, 09:45-10:00, 10:15-10:30 and so on

Z= timer
    T= temperature; sensor 1= probe, 2= virtual sensor1, 3=virtual sensor2, etc.

G1
    Sensor 1 = Z1
    AND
    Sensor 2 = T1
    G2
    Sensor1= Z2
    AND
    Sensor2 = T2
    G3
    Sensor1=G1
    OR
    Sensor2=G2

Then each Temp sensor would work only during the seconds, min or hours that the associated timer is on...right?
    right
    The problem is how to configurate then the socket??
    go to the Socket and select "programmierbare Logic 3
    The the socket works with the Timer1 or 2 /switch between timer 1 and timer2
    One more question: what is then the named: Dynamic nominal value in the menu of the Temperature probe/sensor controls...?
    I'm afraid I can't answer that, but I've never dealt with it before.

regards Pit
    Last edited by PIWAWT; 17.01.2019 at 19:35. Reason: G3 was wrong

Thanks again for your help. However, If I jump from one sensor 1 to sensor 2, I will only play with 2 nominal values and it will not create the wave...right? I need for example start at 10ºC and increase 0.5ºC each 15min until reach 35ºC...

However, If I jump from one sensor 1 to sensor 2, I will only play with 2 nominal values and it will not create the wave...right??
    right
    I need for example start at 10ºC and increase 0.5ºC each 15min until reach 35ºC...
    this is another problem, but don't you also have to control the heater?
    I think Vinny can help here in the forum.
    Regards Pit

Dynamic nominal value is planned to be implemented for the ProfiLux 4, soon.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok, that´s really good news! I look forward to having this update soon. In fact, it´s so urgent that we are planning to buy 2 units of the Proflux 3...do you think we can stop this bought wait for the update? We need to do our experiments no later than March...

Many thanks!

I am sorry, but I doubt that the Dynamic nominal value comes before, there are so many other things to do before.

Please note: you talk about 10°C - this is outside the normal measurement and controlling range of the standard temp. probe of the P3
    if you need to work with these temperatures as mentioned you need the pond-version of the T-sensor
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I am sorry, but I doubt that the Dynamic nominal value comes before, there are so many other things to do before.

Please note: you talk about 10°C - this is outside the normal measurement and controlling range of the standard temp. probe of the P3
    if you need to work with these temperatures as mentioned you need the pond-version of the T-sensor
    Any ideas when Dynamic nominal value will be implemented into P4 yet? I switch from 3.1T just now and I miss this very good feature.

Sincerely Lasse