Thread: Redox probe

Default Redox probe

I buy redox probe for my profilux 4 and it don't work.
    I have calibrated it four times and it shows strange readings.
    First and second time it rises slowly, in 2-3 days readings goes over 500. Then I search answers here on forum and some discussion you give advice that try ph probe to port and see if it starts to rise, yes it did, slowly as redox, in 2-3 days it shows 0.10 over real value of ph. I change redox probe back to port and calibrate it, after calibration it was first time that it shows value around 220 from calibration fluid, earlier times it showed 160-170. After this calibration it give good readings about 6-7 days, after that it start to drop towards zero and then it go under zero and show reading -500 week after.
    I calibrate it again and after 3 days it show again readings below zero.

I do calibrations as should, use null plug, your calibration fluid 220ms.

What I must do that redox probe starts to work or is it broken?

After calibration, let the probe sit in the 220mV fluid.
    What is the shown value after a few minutes?

Redox probes have a break-in period where it can take several days to provide more stable readings.

160-170

Calibrate it once again, few days ok and now it is below zero.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The shown value after letting the probe sit in the calibration fluid must be 220mV (+/-2mv).

If you're seeing 160-170 while the probe is in the fluid, calibration should be done again. Either calibration went wrong somewhere (Null plug not used) or calibration fluid has become contaminated.

Used null plug and fluid is new.

And if something goes wrong in calibration sensor shows wrong readings, dont explain why probe shows 3-4 days values that are nearly right and then start to drop below zero.

What comparison are you using to suggest the values are "nearly right" for 3-4 days?
    If probe sits in fluid for a few minutes and shows a value exactly at 220mV or very close to it, then the probe is working properly.

Keep in mind also that if the probe cables run near or alongside any power cables, the readings can be affected due to electrical noise.

If you continue to have doubts about the probe, please open a ticket so we can provide further support.