Thread: Lots of questions

Default Lots of questions

Question 1: My tank is 89"x24" (23" top to bottom). Do I need 3x or 4x LX7206 light fixtures?

Question 2: I have 2x VarioS 8 pumps that support a 0-10V interface. What connector do I need to hook them up? I obviously need a YL2-1 splitter cable, but I don't know what else I need.

Question 3: Can I put a PLM-PWC, PLM-pH/Redox-2Level, and a PLM-pH/Redox in a Profilux 4 all at once?

Question 4: What does is the advantage of the Measurement Cell vs the Sensorholder 4?

Question 5: What kind of flow rate should go through the Measurement Cell?

Question 1: My tank is 89"x24" (23" top to bottom). Do I need 3x or 4x LX7206 light fixtures?
    3 for longitudinal mounting
    Question 2: I have 2x VarioS 8 pumps that support a 0-10V interface. What connector do I need to hook them up? I obviously need a YL2-1 splitter cable, but I don't know what else I need
    You can take an LBF-AP to use both pumps.
    Question 3: Can I put a PLM-PWC, PLM-pH/Redox-2Level, and a PLM-pH/Redox in a Profilux 4 all at once?
    yes, you can plug in all three extension cards
    Question 4: What does is the advantage of the Measurement Cell vs the Sensorholder 4?
    Better inflow of the probes, self-cleaning of the probes, longer service life of the probes. The measuring cell is pressureless, if necessary via bypass into the return flow.

regards Pit

To clarify, I would use a single LBF-AP and would not need the YL2-1 splitter cable, correct?

Also, do you have an application note or anything about how to plumb the Measurement Cell into a system?

To clarify, I would use a single LBF-AP and would not need the YL2-1 splitter cable, correct?
    yes
    Also, do you have an application note or anything about how to plumb the Measurement Cell into a system?
    just a simple self-made drawing

Messzelle.jpg

regards Pit

Hi there,

This is going to depend on what types of coral you plan to keep and how you will position each fixture; parallel or perpendicular to the tank.

(Perpendicular)
    If you have or will have an SPS dominant reef, 5 fixtures would be ideal for the most even light distribution throughout the whole space.
    If a mixed reef, 4 fixtures are recommended.

(Parallel or Long way)
    SPS dominant: 4 fixtures
    Mixed reef: 3 fixtures

Question 2: I have 2x VarioS 8 pumps that support a 0-10V interface. What connector do I need to hook them up? I obviously need a YL2-1 splitter cable, but I don't know what else I need.
    You would need a 1-10V Breakout box from GHL and the control cable from Coralvue. The RJ45-end of this cable would be cut and installed onto the GHL accessory. Once connected, you will be able to individually control the flow of these pumps.

Yes.
    The P4 includes a total of 3 expansion card slots; 1 slot is for "internal use" which is where you'd connect the PLM-PWC card. The other 2 slots can be for the other cards.

Measurement cell provides an isolated area which allows for a more constant flow rate and is plumbed into your system, usually in a bypass.
    The Sensorholder4 is a magnetic mount that holds the probes out in the open in your sump.

A slower flow rate is ideal for this accessory.