Thread: Conductivity probe constant alarm despite functioning perfectly well!

Frage Conductivity probe constant alarm despite functioning perfectly well!

Hello,

An alarm is always triggered without knowing the explanation.

Explanations:
    I use a conductivity probe connected to an expansion box.
    The calibration of the probe worked perfectly well.
    In the GHL control software, the probe is ‘active’ with its value (eg. 1.024) and all the ‘alarm’ switches set to OFF. I have also a second conductivity probe connected to the Profilux 4 directly without any problem and without any alarm triggering problem.

Both conductivity probes are set the same way.

An alarm is always ON but nothing showing the origin of this alarm In the GHL Control software.

On the Profilux Touch screen, Ha, Ha: the kind of Alarm triggered is on the screen!!
    ** Conductivity probe connected on the expansion box (!!!) **
    And on the same screen, the value showing on the Profilux touch screen of the conductivity
    probe is - - - (3 dashes).

I’am really confused. How can I can get rid of this Alarm always triggered? I’ve set NO ALARM of any kind for conductivity probes (like a MIN MAX value).

A solution I’ve tried is to ‘desactivate’ (check box OFF) the conductivity probe connected to the expansion box in the GHL Control software.
    With this action, the Profilux Touch screen don’t show anymore the numeric value of the conductivity probe
    AND the alarm triggering is disabled in the GHL Control software AND on the Profilux touch screen.

Strange enough... this problem exist since two months. Before, no problems with the two probes!

Any explanations?

Thank you very much.

Pierre

Additionnel comments: this thread give a solution that seems to work!
    https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/s...Conduct-sensor
    Last edited by pcadieux; 23.12.2018 at 00:53.