Thread: Add-On Mode set up right?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Add-On Mode set up right?

I am still fairly new to my GHL Profilux 4 despite setting it up a year ago. The main reason is that once I set it up, unlike my previous controller, I have had 0 issues or reason to look into anything further. It has run flawless and I love that.

I did purchase a KH Director recently with 2 slave Doser 2.1. I did not have any issues setting up the KH director or calibrating the dosers. I would like to know if I have set up the Add-On Mode properly and make sure I understand what I have put in there. The directions in the manual do not directly reflect the verbiage on MyGHL or GCC. I have th enominal value set to 8 and dosing schedule is set for 5ml every 2 hours.

I have attached screen shots. To my understanding that as set up this would change my dosing to 6ml every 2 hours (until the next test) if the DKH drops to 7.
    Does my set up make sense?
    Any recommendations to better programming?
    I am using Fauna Marin Balling Salts and currently I am dosing manual Cal and Mag as I am still setting up my fish room.

director01.jpg

director02.jpg

Hi,

You understood it correctly.

With nominal value at 8dkH and volume change of 1ml, if your KH reading becomes 9dkH, 1ml will will be deducted from your existing dose schedule and vise versa.

The upper and lower limits are where you decide how much adjustment the KHD should do in cases where your dkH test result difference is greater than 1dkH from your nominal value (8dkH). If you're limits are also set to 1ml, the KHD will only be able to add or deduct UP TO 1ML, even if your dkH test result difference is greater than 1dkH.

Thank you for that clarification. Good to know I was on the right track there.

My second question is that the instructions lead me to believe that it will do partial adjustments within the set ml as well.

As example,
    nominal value is 8dkh
    limits to 6 and 9
    min adjustment dose of 2ml
    max adjustment dose of 1ml (-1ml in essence)

If the test shows dkh at 6 it would increase dose by 2 ml/dose, but if it came in at 7dkh it would increase dose by 1ml/dose? Is that correct as well? Noting that as stated above if it came in at anything below 6dkh it would still only increase by the limits I have set at 2ml in this example.

[QUOTE=Torxfragtank;86425]
    If the test shows dkh at 6 it would increase dose by 2 ml/dose, but if it came in at 7dkh it would increase dose by 1ml/dose? Is that correct as well?
    YES

If the KHD calculates that it needs to add 1ml to your dose schedule, it will add 1ml to the NEXT schedule dosage.
    For example, if you're dosing 20ml daily, split into 10 doses at 2ml each, the KHD will add 1ml to the next doses for a total of 3ml per dose. It will continue with the +1ml dosage until the next KH test. The KHD then tests and re-evaluates the needed adjustment. The extent of these adjustments are determined by the MIN and MAX limits you set.
    Last edited by Vinny; 18.12.2018 at 20:25.