Thread: Removing a PAB from donfiguration

Default Removing a PAB from donfiguration

Hi,

My profilux III is constantly showing a PAB alert because one of the power bars is not connected. I don't need it, it is spare.

How can I remove it from the configuration?

Thanks,
    Rodolphe

Hello Rodophe,

Yes, you can remove it from your PAB-device list by going to the SYSTEM settings page and clicking ASSIGN DEVICES.
    You will then see the list of PAB-devices detected by your P3. Uncheck the box for the device you wish to remove, click OK, then the device will be un-assigned and your PAB alert will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello Rodophe,

Yes, you can remove it from your PAB-device list by going to the SYSTEM settings page and clicking ASSIGN DEVICES.
    You will then see the list of PAB-devices detected by your P3. Uncheck the box for the device you wish to remove, click OK, then the device will be un-assigned and your PAB alert will go away.
    Hello Vinny, thanks for your answer.

I am quite prepared to admit I may not be very sharp, but I simply can't see the Assign Devices option anywhere. I attach a screenshot of the software view. Where should I be looking, please??

Capture.jpg

It is not shown in your screen because an outdated software for ProfiLux is in-use.

Here is how to do it from the P3 display itself.
    1. Press the up or down arrow key and select SYSTEM
    2. Select CONFIGURE PAB
    3. Select ASSIGN DEVICES
    4. Select the device you wish to remove by highlighting the device and pressing the LEFT arrow; (x) mark will be removed.
    You can identify which device is which by looking at the serial number of the device you want to remove. This sticker is located on the device itself. Devices shown in P3 are listed by serial number.
    5. Press the enter key and device will be removed.

Vinny thank you very much!

So it turns out that my problem is elsewhere. My ProfiLux is showing a PABCom error but my spare is not the problem. And I can configure all the sockets through the controller.

I think I need to upgrade all the firmware and software to start with but:

On the subject of software... my ProfiLux currently has firmware version 5.13 (I am a lot behind). Can you direct me to the best way to bring this up to date, so that I can then update profilux control? At the moment of course the CHL control Centre software does not even see the ProfiLux device.

Thanks in advance,

Rodolphe

It is not shown in your screen because an outdated software for ProfiLux is in-use.

Here is how to do it from the P3 display itself.
    1. Press the up or down arrow key and select SYSTEM
    2. Select CONFIGURE PAB
    3. Select ASSIGN DEVICES
    4. Select the device you wish to remove by highlighting the device and pressing the LEFT arrow; (x) mark will be removed.
    You can identify which device is which by looking at the serial number of the device you want to remove. This sticker is located on the device itself. Devices shown in P3 are listed by serial number.
    5. Press the enter key and device will be removed.
    Last edited by rodolphe; 28.11.2018 at 10:24.

Here's the best way to do it:
    1. Download GHL Control Center V1118. This will provide you with the necessary P3 firmware file and new software.
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...nter-v1-1-1-8/

2. Connect to your P3 via RS232/USB using PROFILUX CONTROL, then begin the firmware update steps.

3. When prompted to locate the firmware file, please navigate to the GHL CONTROL CENTER directory folder and select the ProfiLux3_v638.mhx firmware file.
    This can be found here: This PC --> OS (C: ) --> Program Files (x86) --> GHLContolCenter_v1118 --> Firmware --> ProfiLux3

NOTE: Due to the massive firmware jump, I would not expect all your settings to carry over. Please check your settings after the update and make adjustments where necessary.

After the update, you will be able to use GHL CONTROL CENTER.
    1. In the START MENU, select the P3 to create a new connection
    2. Set the COM to AUTO, give this connection a name (P3 USB), click OK, then connect to your P3.

Here's the best way to do it:
    1. Download GHL Control Center V1118. This will provide you with the necessary P3 firmware file and new software.
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...nter-v1-1-1-8/
    Unfortunately I get an error message: The connected ProfiLux has a too low firmware version and can't be used with this version of ProfiLuxControl.

Have you got an older ProfilLux version I could download to upgrade firmware from, or perhaps I can do this from my own old ProfiLux system if you send me a d/l link firmware?

Sorry this is taking so much time!

Rodolphe

You need to connect to your controller using the same PROFILUX CONTROL you used when you posted the screenshot earlier.
    Update your P3 using ProfiLux Control, don't try to connect with GHL Control Center UNTIL you've done the update.

You need to connect to your controller using the same PROFILUX CONTROL you used when you posted the screenshot earlier.
    Update your P3 using ProfiLux Control, don't try to connect with GHL Control Center UNTIL you've done the update.
    Got it. I'm now on the latest firmware on the PL3. I can connect to it through usb but no longer am able to connect through TCP/IP. I can definitely ping it, but it won't recognize. Is port 10001 correct?

Yes, that port is correct.

Edit the connection setting for the P3 LAN connection and make sure you entered the IP address of your P3 into the HOST field.

You can also now access your controller from the GHL Connect app and myGHL cloud service.