Thread: Latest firmware successfully installed but doesnt show on P4 screen or GCC

Default Latest firmware successfully installed but doesnt show on P4 screen or GCC

Hi Guys,

I was your first customer to receive the P4 ultimate set in the UK i believe. I identified that the USB cables wasnt included in the set (I will come back to this).

Since having the P4 i have always struggled with setup and updates constantly. So much so that i stopped using it entirely. I noticed the updated instructions were made available in November and they looked great, well laid out and straight forward. Today i set it up again and got further than i have ever done since having it. Even got the USBVCOM driver sorted which i have never managed to do before. I have downloaded the production version 1.1.1.8 of GCC but despite the new instructions i havent been able to update the firmware - i am still on 7.16 according to the P4 display and GCC despite the windows screen stating "success".

Now back to my original point. Could this be anything to do with my USB cable? i was told by you guys to just go out and buy one which i did. Could all my problems be related to this?

Anyway i really want to use the app and cloud but cant without this update. Can you please take a look for me, or advice if i need a GHL USB cable?

Thanks

Glen

Hi Glen,

You did everything correctly.

7.16 is the newest firmware available when using GCC v1118.

If you wanted to update to the current P4 firmware, 7.17. Download GCC v1120 and then do the update.