Thread: Doser 2.0 Slave & ProFiLux Touch dead following attempted firmware update

Default Doser 2.0 Slave & ProFiLux Touch dead following attempted firmware update

Hi,

Please could someone advise how I can rescue a Doser 2.0 Slave & ProFiLux Touch following an attempted firmware update that went wrong, from a ProfiLux 3.1N?

Following the issues with the devices I decided to perform a PAB System Reset and following this the below is seen.

Doser 2.0 Slave: No longer shows the central colour GHL led but the green Com LED is solid green and the State LED flashes yellow. When connecting to the Control Centre the device no longer shows when clicking assign devices.

ProFiLux Touch: The Interface has a green flashing light and the Touch Screen shows the opening screen on power up and thats it. When connecting to the Control Centre the device no longer shows when clicking assign devices.

--

For both devices I have connected individually to the ProfiLux 3.1N and the same, it does not see them anymore.

I reverted the ProfiLux 3.1N settings to before the issue and the same.

Uninstalled the Control Centre and reinstalled, same issue.

I have been able to connected another Doser 2.0 Slave so the ProfiLux 3.1N seems OK.

Is there a way to flash these devices or factory reset?

Help please!

Is the firmware of the Touch and Doser also up to date? If not, update it first. Should also work without displayed connection. To do this, update each device separately.

Regards Pit

Hi Pit,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have tried connecting each device to the ProfiLux 3 controller separately but the problem is they don’t show anymore under System in the control centre, thus I’m unable to apply a firmware update to the devices.

Is there another option to apply the firmware?

Hi Pit,

I have managed to install the firmware now on the Touch by selecting another Touch device (I have two) under System and now the newly updated device now shows as well in the Profilux 3. Now will attempt to install a firmware update to the Doser whilst its not showing under connected PAB devices, whilst its the only device connected. Fingers crossed.

This worked, GET IN!!!

Thanks Pit, was not aware you could update the firmware whilst they were connected but not showing under PAB devices in System. I searched the device manuals and the forums and I didn't see any mention of this, so thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
    Last edited by starmonkey77; 24.11.2018 at 11:10.

Hello,

Although the P3 may not display the PAB-device, it is still possible to push a firmware update to the connected device by following the PAB-device update video shown here:
    https://youtu.be/dhZKY055qhc

In cases where the PAB device is unresponsive, you could perform an emergency PAB-device update by following the steps and text shown in the video.