Thread: ProfiLux Temperature Control 2

Default ProfiLux Temperature Control 2

I have a question about the soon-to-come ProfiLux Temperature Control 2 (Peltier) with six elements.
    Where would this be best used in the aquarium setup? Immediately upstream or downstream from the sump (just before water goes back into the tank) ? Or perhaps adjacent to the protein skimmer?
    I live in Florida with rooms kept at a constant 73-F, so I don't expect to have huge heating/cooling needs for a reef aquarium, but would like to automate it. Tank size will be either 75 or 92 gallons.
    This will be for a new setup, so trying to visualize the best way to do it.
    Thanks!

Hi Randy,

This should be placed where ever you can get the most consistent flow rate going through the PTC2. I'd say upstream to the display would be the best place to connect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi Randy,

This should be placed where ever you can get the most consistent flow rate going through the PTC2. I'd say upstream to the display would be the best place to connect it.
    That makes sense.
    So, it would seem that the Measurement Cell would best be placed just 'downstream' from the display, so that the correction calculations can be determined by the controller from the sensor data, before such things as dosing and heating/cooling.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/pro...mentcell/#main

A measurement cell should be placed in an area where there is not too much flow, consistency is key here also.
    If possible, it would be better to install it in a bypass.