Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Upgrading Firmware

I am still wondering though why the USB is not connecting.

Hopefully all of this gave you some insight about the other person that is having the same issue. Hopefully he has a computer with a direct serial port.

Yes I still wonder this too, my only thoughts this

Previously you or my other client could not connect through RS232 or USB using V5.04. By using the Fujitsu tool we ruled out the RS232 port on the PC being faulty and also a USB blockage on the PC as you had to use both types of connection to connect to the Fujitsu tool.

But this then leaves the USB to USB to profiLux control- I hoped that by updating the firmware and software this problem would have gone away.

So we have ruled out PC USB being the issue, but we have also seen that the ProfiLux communicated with the driver over USB it just will not connect. And for this I have no answer, all I know is you are not alone, I see a similar issue with a client in the USA and one on the German side of the forum also which also limits the risk of anything being faulty. I do think this is software related to PL control but I am no expert.

In my view we have narrowed it down to the software in some enviroments blocking the connection, but without having the card here to play with it will be impossible to diagnose further.

Over to Matthias for further suppport I am out of ideas on the remaining issue, but personally could also do with knowing the answer.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 16.01.2010 at 15:27.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Maybe Matthias will have some additional insight.

I did want to say thank you again, I was beggining to get crazy with the inability to get the firmware upgraded. You walked through every possible solution and finally got the job done. Thank you for the great customer support.

I am having another slight issue, but I will start another thread for it, since it is unrelated to this topic.

Hi Shadoww,

what's the actual state of affairs? Were you able to update the firmware now?

Are you still not able to connect to ProfiLux with ProfiLux Control?
    Neither via ProfiLux USB port to PC USB port,
    nor via ProfiLux RS232 port to PC RS232 port?

I sounds very strange, if both connections wont work. The RS232 connection ist the most reliable connection if you use the genuine GHL RS232 cable.

If only the USB to USB connection fails, it may be a problem with the USB part of the PLM-USBLAN. Can you figure out if your card inserted properly? No bent or torn off pins?