Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading Firmware

Ok to confirm you have now successfully uploaded version 5.0H firmware to your profilux using the tool?

If yes then please uninstall software version 5.04 and install 5.05

Yes you will lose all your settings this is documented on the release notes.

Once 5.05 is installed try and reconnect via USB to USB first

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

This shows that the PC RS232 port and ProfiLux RS232 is working fine and was not the reason for not being able to connect through profiLux control.

The only part in the middle then is ProfiLux V5.04 software as you were able to connect through RS232 to do the download when PL5.04 was not used. I am guessing you now may be able to connect through USB once you install V5.05.

Hoping?!!
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 16.01.2010 at 02:06.

Ok I guess the frustration is not complete for tonight.

I just got back from dinner and tried uninstalling all versions of ProfiluxControl that I have on my machine, I reinstalled the USB drivers and Installed ProfiluxControl version 5.0.0.5 and tried connecting over USB, to no avail. I match Com ports and tried other ones, changed and match speeds to see if that was it, still no connection.

So I went back to the LAN based, however now it does not connect either. I have changed the Lan settings on the Profilux and I am able to get to the Webserver as I can see the status pages. When I go into ProfiluxControl if I go into the network settings, it will scan for it if I have it set to AUTO and it finds it, comes up with the correct IP address. When I click on Connect back at the start screen, it pauses and then bounces back with cannot connect.

make sure you have selected the connection for LAN connection in the connect drop down box next to the 3 dots.

If you can see the status page then it is connecting and all working

I did and even checked all of the settings and even hard coded the IP address, still it fails to connect.

Also tried it on two different laptops, again cause at this point I feel like I am going CRAZY. No luck from either machine.

Seems that my settings did not get erased though, everything came on when it was supposed to, but the System web pages states that it is in fact firmware 5.00h.

This is why I had asked to be a beta tester, as I am one of those people that if something is going to go wrong it will happen to the equipment I have. I am a Network Admin, so all of this should be a piece of cake, but for some reason the unit I have has been nothing but difficult with this upgrade process.

Ok, I powered the Profilux off again gave it about 45 seconds and then plugged it back in, and when it came back up the IP address changed and now I am able to connect to it with Profilux control. I guess the Network Admin should have taken his own advice, Always REBOOT before asking for help.

So at this point the firmware has been upgraded and everything seems to be working correctly. Thank you for all of your help, I appreciate it.

Ah I love it when a support case can be worked through in such a positive way.

I am glad i could be of help.