Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading Firmware

Actually no firewall on either and I have to use Symantic on my work machine and my wife uses NOD antivirus.

I am using the latest Profilic driver on both.

Ok lets concentrate on just one machine, the vista machine (oh help me please )

Make sure windows defender is off and any other anti virus and try again.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Ok I will give that a try as soon as I get home. I will post the results as soon as I can.

Ok I uninstalled the USB driver and then reinstalled it after making sure it was the most current one.

I dissabled AntiVirus and Windows Defender. I also made sure that the firewall was off. With the same results, when I plug in the Profilux by USB cable my computer assigns the driver to that port, in my case Prolific is on Com port 19. When I went into Profilux Control I deleted the old connection and created a new one setting it to Com port 19 and then tried connecting and it still would not connect. It states no connection found. I also searched the Com ports, no luck here either.

Running out of ideas fast

The only thing left to ask is -

Did the ProfiLux ever have a USB device fitted previous to this i.e PLM-USB?

Are you running same firmware version to software i.e Version 5.0H to 5.05? I am guessing you have the previous versions but please let me know

Do you have a pc with native rs232 connection so you can upload latest versions of software and firmware?

Running out of ideas fast

Your not the only one.

The Profilux did not have the USB prior to this.

I am running ProfiluxControl version 5.0.0.5 and I am trying to install firmware 5.0H

Do you have a pc with native rs232 connection so you can upload latest versions of software and firmware?

Well this is not good, I have another laptop with RS232 connection and ProfiluxControl cannot even see it with a direct RS232 connection. This is frustrating.

One very last thing I would like you to try is to plug in your adapter to the serial port and follow these instructions http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...ead.php?t=1274 remembering to set the enviroment to match the com port the driver is on under device manager and also selecting the correct file dowload type in the top box that is mentioned in the instructions.

I woud like you to try and install Version 5.0H firmware under this enviroment.

Ok if you have native rs232 then connect the tool through this and the environment will be com 1

Assuming you are using a genuine GHL RS232 cable and you still cannot connect through native to native RS232 even through the flash tool then something has happened to your main board.

Do you have Ai lighting?

Ok that seems to have allowed me to flash the firmware when I rebooted the screen on the Profilux stated it was firmware version 5.0h but I think I lost all of my settings as I cannot connect to it over the LAN now. I will have to check the front panel settings.

Yes this was all due to the AI fixtures, since the new communication was built into the original firmware and I needed the old communications for my fixtures.