Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless adaptor

Default Wireless adaptor

Running an Ethernet cable from my profilux 3 to the router is a bit of a pain for me.
    Am I able to plug in a wireless adaptor into the profilux to comunicate with the router?
    If yes, what kind will I need, can I use one of the cheap USB dongles?
    I am on a mac running parallels, does this make any difference.
    Also, I have my profilux all set up and working with the webserver, will I have to change all the settings
    many thanks
    mike
    Last edited by nsr500rossi; 14.01.2010 at 01:01.

I think you are talking about a access point. WLAN-USB adapters won't work. The USB ports on ProfiLux are slave devices. They can only be connected to a PC.

Another solution is a PLM-WLAN card, if you want to conntect to ProfiLux Control. The web interface works only via the built in LAN port.

I was told by Matthias you can use a wireless bridge from the LAN port of the ProfiLux 3 such as a wireless game controller

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

The question was about connecting a WLAN-USB dongle on the ProfiLux USB port. This won't work.

If you connect the ProfiLux LAN port to a LAN to WLAN bridge this should work.

Any idea which one will work with a mac running parallels? I don't want to buy the wrong one

you configure it over the network via the web interface... simple and works on any platorm.

Ok thanks guys

does anyone know a cheaper solution? you can buy a usb-dongle for about 20 euros; is there a something for the lan-port which is not as expensive as the linksys?

USB adapters do not work on the USB port and the USB port is not connected to the web server

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support