Thread: How to program STDL4-4 powerbar?

Default How to program STDL4-4 powerbar?

Hello,

I am trying to add a STDL4-4 powerbar to my setup. I currently have my Doser plugged into S1-S4, and assigned as S13, 14, & 15. So I have to plug in to S5-S8. When I power up the powerbar and just plug in the communication cable, sockets 1 & 2 turn on. That's the Reefbrite XHO and the VorTech backup switches. Here's the problem, I don't remember how to tell the system that I have plugged into S5-S8. I want those to respond to something like S25-48. I get a warning when I click on the switchable Powerbars "Digital powerbar connected on S5-S8 (outputs 25-48) saying do not connect a non-digital powerbar or it could ruin the powerbar. I went for it anyways and I could hear the 1st and 2nd receptacles cycling on and off. That was an issue so I unplugged the communication cable quickly and unselected the switchable powerbar option.

So, how do I go about getting the STDL4-4 running so I can program couple timers to turn the switches on and off. I know how to program the timers I just need help with the assignment of the switches to the powerbar.

Thanks!

Hi,

In order to add this STDL4-4 to your setup, you will have to reassign the socket numbering on your powerbars and the pump numbering for your dosing unit.

If you connect the STDL4-4 to the S1-S4 port, you must disable digital communication.

The powerbars which are currently running S1-S12, if NON-PAB would have to be reassigned to new sockets, S5-16 and your dosing unit (GEN1) would be assigned to S17-20. You will want to enable digital communication on the S5-S8 port.

To set the numbering of Powerbar6D non-pab and Gen 1 dosing unit, do this:
    1. Connect first powerbar to S5-S8 port, click "PROGRAM DIGITAL...", select NUMBERING OF POWERBAR, set numbering, click PROGRAM NOW.
    2. Disconnect first powerbar, then connect the 2nd powerbar. Repeat program steps and assign new socket numbering.
    3. Disconnect second powerbar, then connect the dosing unit. Repeat program steps, but this time select NUMBERING OF DOSING UNIT, set numbering, click PROGRAM NOW.
    4. Disconnect dosing unit, then connect first powerbar followed by the 2nd PB, then the dosing unit.

The three powerbar6D's I have are PAB devices. How would I go about connecting it to the S5-S8 port? Or do you mean run a PAB cable from the P3 PAB port to each individual PB6D one at a time?

Okay since the 6D are PAB, you only need to go to the SYSTEM settings page, select 1 PB6D at a time and reassign the socket numbering by clicking CONFIGURATION.
    You don't need to disconnect anything in the PAB-chain to do this.

Ok it took a while but I have assigned the STDL4-4 to S1-S4 non-digital (also plugged into S1-S4). Reassigned the slave Doser to S5-S8 digital and gave it S26-S29. Renumbered all the Powerbars from S9 to S25 and changed all the switches to match the functions. I messed up by thinking I had to actually number the Doser in slots S5 to S8. So those slots are kind of useless now. Ah well.

Thanks for the help!