Thread: How do you get your P3 on a network?

Default How do you get your P3 on a network?

I have a wireless network on the second floor, my aquarium is 2 floors below, in the basement. I can connect to my wireless network through my laptop but how do i work this to my P3?

you need a wireless adpater to go from the profilux to the router this adapter plugs into the LAN port of the controller

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

I think i have to buy a wireless access bridge to connect to my wireless network and from there i can hardwire to the P3. I think this will work...any info?

I got a wireless bridge setup and plugged in the P3 and there is still no connection. i checked the connection through my laptop and i have connection so it has to be somewhere in the P3 configuration. i am not a networking wiz so any help please.

have you set a ip?

no i have not, i followed these steps:

onnect to your ProfiLux with ProfiLuxControl via your USB to serial adapter cable, go to System and select LAN and click to "Configuration... "
    Select "Obtain IP-address automatocally" and click to "Save".
    Disconnect and click the "..." located in Communication.
    Make a "New..." connection with
    Name: LAN (DHCP) - for example
    Type of connection: TCP/IP
    Host-Name: Search automatically
    Port: 10001
    and "Save

then if you are using DHCP, just login to your router and look at the lease that have been asigned.... one of the IP listed will be the Profilux if it's all connected correctly.

I logged into my router and see the that the Profilux3 has an assigned ip but it lists it as an inactive connection.

On the back of the ProfiLux are to LEDs at the LAN connector (green and orange). Are they both glowing?
    Second thing you can try: disconnect and reconnect the ProfiLux from power supply.

yes both lights on the back are glowing. i unplugged the ethernet line and plugged it back in and still nothing. i then decided to put in the address manually, i went into the system tab and clicked on lan and instead of "obtain setting automatically, i put them in manually and got it up and running. thanks anyway, i hope this is the last hurdle.