Thread: Doser 2 First Time Contrl

Default Doser 2 First Time Contrl

Hi, and sorry for the newbie question.

I have been given a box of GHL doser kit including the below and a couple of sensors and I am in need of advice.

GHL Doser 2 4fach, sw
    GHL Doser 2 Slave, 4fach, sw
    GHL Pofilux Touchscreen
    GHL Expansion Box
    GHL Dosing Unit Four (same age and design as the expansion box)

Neither of the two doser 2's have a USB port or ethernet port so logic would say they are both slaves despite only one being marked as a slave. Connecting the PAB connection to either of the doser 2's or the expansion box brings about them showing on the Profilux Touchscreen. Chaining the devices with PAB neither brings back a connection either.

I've searched the forum and google etc with no joy on what the 'GHL Doser 2 4fach, sw' device is.

Guessing the 'GHL Doser 2 4fach, sw' is not a standalone device due to the lack of USB port or those shown in the manual so assuming I need to either purchase a doser 2 stand alone or a profilux 3 or 4 to control the dosers?

So please if someone could point me in the right direction I would be so thankful.

Sorry for the newb, question.

Regards, Starmonkey77

Hello,

If the doser has no USB port, level port, or temperature port...it is a SLAVE unit.

In this case, these dosers and additional items you have (EXB1, Touch, Gen1 doser) would need to be assigned to a ProfiLux 3 or 4. If you wish to control all those devices, a ProfiLux 3 or 4 would be needed.

If you purchase a Standalone Doser 2.1, you would be able to control both Doser 2.0 pumps. The Gen1 doser would not be able to be controlled by a Standalone Doser 2.1 as the Gen1 doser is not compatible.

Thank you Vinny, very much appreciated!!

Best get purchasing a ProfiLux 3 or 4 then.

Morning Vinny,

If I were to purchase a Doser 2.1 and a Maxi doser and connect these to the Extension box, would I be able to run the additional sensors from the Extension box and the Pofilux Touchscreen?

Actually could I purchase just a Maxi Doser SA.

Whereby this controls the Doser 2.0 slave, but could the Maxi Doser SA then control the Expansion box and therefore the additional sensors off that? (Edit I see that its now not possible to link the Expansion box to the Maxi Doser).

Would it be possible for the Maxi Doser SA to manage a Doser 2.0 and a KH Director?
    Last edited by starmonkey77; 15.11.2018 at 16:00.

Hi Vinny,

I've purchased a ProfiLux 3.1N so looking forward to having a play at the weekend with all the kit.

Hi,

Congrats on the purchase.

To answer your questions, once a standalone Doser 2/2.1 is switched to SLAVE mode, the on-board ports are disabled.