Thread: Profilux4 wired ethernet

Default Profilux4 wired ethernet

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if one can add a PLM-LAN card inside a Profilux4 ?

The goal would be to improve the reliability of the connection. For some reasons, I saw several P4 losing their wifi connexion (one has to reboot the P4 to reconnect it).

With a PLM-LAN, what will one get, what will one lose ?

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by ffeyel View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm wondering if one can add a PLM-LAN card inside a Profilux4 ?

The goal would be to improve the reliability of the connection. For some reasons, I saw several P4 losing their wifi connexion (one has to reboot the P4 to reconnect it).

With a PLM-LAN, what will one get, what will one lose ?

Best regards.
    I don't think there is a single supported LAN module for the P4.

Is wifi or nothing.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As mentioned above, the PLM-LAN card is not compatible with the ProfiLux 4.

If signal strength is an issue, we recommend checking the firmware version of your P4 WiFi module. Current FW version is 6772. If your controller is not running on this version, please update the WiFi module.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    As mentioned above, the PLM-LAN card is not compatible with the ProfiLux 4.

If signal strength is an issue, we recommend checking the firmware version of your P4 WiFi module. Current FW version is 6772. If your controller is not running on this version, please update the WiFi module.
    Vinny, Why did GHL forego porting this important card to the newest controller?

This card is very very old and only enable serial over lan for use of GCC, no web interface, no Myghl and no mail.
    Use a usb over lan adapter and you will have exactly the same thing.
    It's not possible to have a true ethernet lan on P4 because web interface, Myghl link and mail are managed by the wireless card.

Why LAN expansion card ?

Is seems to me that the GHL Wifi has been unstable and buggy since the launch of P4

So until there is a fully and stable firmware for it, we, as users could use any wifi to lan box and have a secure and reliable connection to the P4.

Besides from this I feel more secure knowing that there is a physical line connecting my devices, plus there would be the benefit of a 1000mBit line,with better timing at a higher speed.

I for one, would definitely buy the expansion card if it was available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistahbrock View Post
    Why LAN expansion card ?

Is seems to me that the GHL Wifi has been unstable and buggy since the launch of P4

So until there is a fully and stable firmware for it, we, as users could use any wifi to lan box and have a secure and reliable connection to the P4.

Besides from this I feel more secure knowing that there is a physical line connecting my devices, plus there would be the benefit of a 1000mBit line,with better timing at a higher speed.

I for one, would definitely buy the expansion card if it was available.
    Same here!
    Would love an Ethernet connection to P4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have got to say this is a real disappointment to me after spending so much on the P4 Ultimate. We do not use WiFi in the house as a personal choice and I had really hoped that an wired ethernet connection could have been made to the Profilux. I do realise the whole world is going wireless but there are still a decent number of Profilux 4 users (have seen this on various forums) who would really appreciate GHL making an add on card for wired ethernet.

C'mon guys, help us out ^^

Quote Originally Posted by LaRocK View Post
    Have got to say this is a real disappointment to me after spending so much on the P4 Ultimate. We do not use WiFi in the house as a personal choice and I had really hoped that an wired ethernet connection could have been made to the Profilux. I do realise the whole world is going wireless but there are still a decent number of Profilux 4 users (have seen this on various forums) who would really appreciate GHL making an add on card for wired ethernet.

C'mon guys, help us out ^^
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also would prefer a LAN port connection to my Profilux. With more and more devices using WIFI a hardwired connection is preferred. The WIFI connection is so slow and unreliable, I get timeouts and disconnects all the time. Also I have the latest firmwares..