Thread: PH control for calcium reactor

Default PH control for calcium reactor

Hi,

I'm trying to set the next thing up, but somewhere I must be doing something wrong:

The goal is te read the PH in the calcium reactor with a nominal value of 6,9 and a hysteresis of 0,4
    If set these settings in the PH-value 1, sensor is active, no nocturnal change, alarm on with deviation of 1,00 PH.

Switch channel 3 is the socket that has the valve to open the CO2 in order to decrease the PH.
    Settings in switch channel 3 are function ph-value 1 and functional parameter decrease.

In my thinking this should activate the socket when the PH reaches 7,1 PH and should deactivate when at 6,9?
    Am I correct with this thinking?

However the socket remains off, no matter what happens.

What I did to test before I put the sensor in the reactor is putting the sensor in my tank with nothing connected to the socket (just to see if it turns on and off when desired):
    My current PH in the tank is 8,36. I've set the sensor to nominal value 9 (which should activate the socket): nothing happens, remains off.
    When I put the nominal value at 7,5 to check the opposite, nothing happens neither, also remains off.

So I guess I'm doing something wrong?

thx, Yoeri

PS: I also notice that my touch display doesn’t show any arrows up or down.
    Did the changes in myghl
    Last edited by YoeriVandaele; 06.11.2018 at 18:41.

I think i found it.
    There’s nothing in my GHL to set control.
    On the box itself there’s an extra functionality.
    The control was set to off. Now I set it to two way control.
    I hope it works now. Nothing in the manual about that.
    In general I think the manual is poor

Yes, with two way control it works like you want it. This should actually be the default value.
    In the programming guide you'll find all informations about this: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...g-guide-v7-02/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you Thilo for the manual.
    I actually still had the profilux 3.1 manual, as this is the one I'm having. But I think the manual for the profilux 4 that you've provided is far more complete.
    Thank you...

Did you read the newest version of the programming guide? https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...g-guide-v6-15/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.