Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Issue with Expansionbox 2 and digital temp probe

Default Issue with Expansionbox 2 and digital temp probe

For the moment I use a P3.1T computer and an expansion box 2 at home. I have noticed that I now and than get an alarm from the digital temp probe. I have seen this before (and still see) with this combination and alarms - at one of my jobs we have two systems with this combination and get temp alarms and PABCOM alarms rather often.

My alarm looks like this

pH-value 1 : 8.01pH
    TEMPERATURE 2 : ***
    REDOX 1 : -22mV
    Temperature 3 : ***
    pH-value 2 : 8.34pH
    Redox 2 : -22mV
    Conduct.(S) 1 : 32.6
    Redox 3 : 408mV
    Alarm 000: Alarm: Temp 2 virt värme
    Alarm 001: Alarm: Temp 3 temp sump fläkt

Temp 2 is a virtual copy of temp 3

Graph could look like this

time 0 013.JPG

However - I have only seen this with this type of configuration -> p3.x + expbox 2 + digital temp probe. When I run P4 with digital temp probe at home before - not any problem. When I run P3.x + expbox 1 (the old one) + expansion card digital temp + digital temp probe - at another of my jobs - no problem either

There is a lot of electrical devices around all of these installations but - it seem that it only happen when Expansion Box 2 is involved together with P 3.x. I have not test with P4 + expansion box 2

Any suggestions?

Sincerely Lasse

Anyone?

Sincerely Lasse

I had the same problem. An alarm för a second. Random. I have the p4

Skickat från min G8141 via Tapatalk

I´m setting up a two week test - but it is new probes - not alike the older ones

New probe

new probe.jpg

Old probe

old probe.jpg

Test setup

setup.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Aha. Yes i have both

Is it the one connected to Exp box or the one connected to P4 that have alarms?

Sincerely Lasse

Exbox. It also reads different. Swapped the probes. Same problem.

Please open the ExpansionBox configuration via GHL Control Center System page and disable the temp sensor. Then reconnect to the ProfiLux and enable the sensor again.
    Does this solve your problem?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I´ll try that but I have this problem in two different installations - at home and in a fish farm. At the fish farm I have two different computers (3.1T) with digital temp probe at an exp box 2 - two different production lines. The same with both - plenty of alarms from the temp probe in exp box 2. At home - as you can see in post 1 - the same problem. I have set up a test system with 1 P4, one dos pump 2.1 and one expansion box 2. One digital probe in the P4 and one in the exp box 2. In one hour - have had one short alarm. Configure with sample time 1 minute and e-mail alarm to my e-post. The test will be for a while - see whats coming up. It looks like Faltaren have exactly the same problem. Although - we are swedes both of us - we are around 250 km apart from each other . I´ll test the way you say - coming back with result later on - but I think it is a more general fault - somehow connected with the communications in Exp box 2

Sincerely Lasse

Quote Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
    but I think it is a more general fault - somehow connected with the communications in Exp box 2
    Yes it seems to be a problem with the PAB-communication but disabling and re-enabling the probe at the ExpansionBox configuration seems to solve the problem temporarily.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.