Thread: Acclimation mode for specific channels only

Default Acclimation mode for specific channels only

I suggest to add feature to the Profilux Acclimation mode. ATM there is no way to use it only with specific channel. But there are LED lights - like Kessil - where there are only two channels used. One for Intensity and one for Colour.
    If I activate Acclimation mode, all channels are dimmed, wihich is not desired, beacause lower Intensity comes with spectrum change. I would like to dimm only Intensity channel.

Hi there,

The acclimation feature only affects the overall intensity, there are no changes done to the spectrum itself. As long as no changes are done to the individual channels, the spectrum remains the same despite lower overall intensity.

If one were given the option to selectively choose individual channels to apply "acclimation" settings, then the overall spectrum would change. In that scenario, the spectrum is constantly changing for the corals for the duration of the acclimation period. This in turn makes it more difficult for corals to adjust to now not only intensity, but also spectrum.