Thread: Issue with doser blue covers

Default Issue with doser blue covers

Hi,

Purchased a Profilux 4 and Doser on 29th December 17. 83A63554-F10F-4BA9-959A-001A9ABD3C4B.jpg

The blue dosing covers on two of the dosing heads are disintegrating internally. Could you please advise on there replacements, as I assume they will still be under the manufacturers warranty?

Kind regards

Edward Davis

Hello Edward,

These parts are considered wearable parts and will wear down overtime. The life of these caps and rollers depend on usage history and maintenance habits.

We do offer replacement caps and rollers known as GHL Doser 2.1 Maintenance Sets which can be found here:
    USA
    All other regions

I got several replacements of thoses caps for my doser because of production failures (broken caps and blocked pump heads). Different sizes of the cap design inside, chanced material.... not very reliable at the moment. All of those where warranty replacements.

I’ve had issues since the doser was new, with the heads sticking. Given them a clean and they’ve worked again, but not had the covers disintergrating. At the moment I’ve reconnected my old Gen 1 doser, never had any issues with that. On a separate note Ghl have agreed to replace the covers.

2DF26F6F-D8E3-4F35-A10D-5C64168BD21E.jpgF388F29B-8098-4DDF-A21E-FA1E64A1718B.jpg Mine, broken just after a few weeks using the new doser... during holiday... on kh director... causes malfunktion of kh meassuring and kh dosing...

Same issue with the KH director aswell Timos. ive been through 6 blue caps now. they are doing tests on a new material to use for the blue caps. not sure how far they have got but im still waiting to hear back on my ticket that is still open. hoping they come up with something soon as the feed and waste heads keep breaking as they are running at a faster speed then i think the heat and friction then wear them much quicker than expected. think my rollers are slightly damaged as well from the bits of blue plastic getting stuck in the heads when running as my kh director readings can fluctuate massively.

I have a similar problem, I’ll reopen a ticket.

First of all: We are very sorry for each case where one of our customers has problems with our products.
    We know that our customers expect a high quality level and we certainly feel very dedicated to the highest standards, we really don't want to ignore problems like that.

This said, we have here different situations which might not be comparable.

1. Spare parts, which need to be replaced after a certain time of use. This can be after 1 year or 5 years. This has nothing to do with material defects, this just depends on the usage / pumped water quantity (e.g. daily water changes or ATO)
    Read more details about warranty and spare parts here:
    German: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/de/.../ghl-doser2-1/
    English: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/pro.../ghl-doser2-1/
    (bottom of page)

2. Parts with limited lifetime due to material issues
    As we already stated at several other occasions we had obviously a batch of these blue caps which didn't last as long as they supposed to.
    After examination of this problem and long-term tests we were able to change material and design to achieve now extremely robust caps.
    These new caps were used since Sep. 2018. All dosers and maintenance kits have them since then.

Please note: NOT all pump heads were affected. We think that mainly caps produced between 11/2017 ... 08/2018 are affected, it looks like some batches had different material mixtures.

Bottomline:
    We decide on a case-by-case basis how to handle problems with these parts. We can't discuss personal support cases in the public.
    If it is possible that a material problem rather than usual usage is reason for this issue we replace for free as soon as possible, of course.

Please contact us directly in order to serve you best: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.