Thread: Ph probe and redox probe calibration issue

Default Ph probe and redox probe calibration issue

Hi all,

I hope someone can help. I have the profilux 4 ultimate set. After calibrating the redox probe, following the instructions carefully from the manual, the reading I am getting is 1000 and it doesn't move. It is plugged into the redox/ph slot.

I am getting a similar issue with the reading from the ph probe. After calibrating it reads 10.5 for a while then it will jump about dropping to 7-8 then gradually drops to 3 and doesn't move. The probe is plugged into the ph/redox slot. Could the probes be faulty? They are brand new so I wouldn't have thought this would be the case. I have calibrated multiple times with the same results. First time I tried equalizing the temperature of the ph solutions with the tank by floating in the sump. Temperature was 26 degrees. Then I tried without doing so as I was told the probes automatically adjust for temperature to no change.

I am hoping someone can help resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

If you put the sensors into the calibration fluids do they display the correct values? Does the readings drop when measuring the calibration fluids, also?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Thilo,

Thanks for your reply.

When the PH sensor is placed in the calibration fluid straight after calibration the readings jump all over the place and are not close to the value of the solution. The reading is currently stuck on 3 and does not change when placed in the solution. As for the redox sensor this does not move from 1000mv. I am thinking the sensors or the controller ports are faulty?

Jamie

I see you have already opened a ticket in our ticket-system. We will continue support there.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.