Thread: gen 1 standalone screen broken

Default gen 1 standalone screen broken

Like most gen 1 users I know my screen died many years ago. I'm now getting back into the hobby after a lengthy break and I'm considering repairing this unit. I've heard of replacement screens also failing until they are unreadable like mine. Are screens still available? I'm more interested in if there is a way to connect to the unit with my laptop to perform the same functions rather than taking a chance on a new screen.

Please help thanks

Hello,

Since this product is now 2 generations old, replacement screens are no longer in production.
    The few customers who experienced issues with their screen were provided replacements if under the warranty window and when they were still being produced.

Seems a shame to toss out an otherwise working piece of equipment. I understand screens no longer being produced but are there any old ones left in inventory within your dealer network? Can I interface with the device in another way?

If GHL knows knows what the issue was with the screen is it even possible to replace a specific part? Is the issue with things fading away the actual screen or was it another component on the PCB that holds the screen? Some hints might allow people with these devices to resurrect them again.