Thread: 1-10 V in order to control heat

Default 1-10 V in order to control heat

Hi

In a upcoming project I need to control two heat exchangers - one for heating and one for chilling. I will use one physical probe and one virtual - the physical for heat and the virtual for chilling. The temperature probe will be mounted on the flow line and the feed temperature will be controlled. I want to avoid solenoid valves on the primary circuit on each exchanger - instead use a three or two way valve controlled by a 1-10 V. Heath exchanger and cold exchanger will be in serie and the desired values will be chosen in a way that the two exchanger not contradict each other. In order to get an 1-10 signal for the chiller exchanger valve in the primary circuit I can use the 1-10 V for the propeller breeze but I can´t find any option to control the heath exchanger valve on the primary circuit with help of 1-10 V. There is a way to do it with your new/old PTC (two L ports) - but I can´t find a way to do it with heath exchangers. Any ideas ?

Sincerely Lasse

So you just want to control the three-way valve? Why don't you do that with the S ports?

regards pit

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    So you just want to control the three-way valve? Why don't you do that with the S ports?

regards pit
    Because that will be the same as using a solenoid valve - on/off regulation. I want to do a seamless regulation of heat/cold flow through the primary side of the exchangers. This is not an application for an home aquaria - it is an application for an aquaria of 400 cubic meters (and some other big tanks) It is possible to do this with a solenoid valve (or other 2 or 3 ways valves) with help of pulse variable/paus stable - but my experiences is that this "consume" solenoid valves in a high rate and in this dimensions - they are expensive. It possible just now to do 1-10 V regulation with the "cold exchanger" but I can´t find a way of doing it at the "warm exchanger"

Sincerely Lasse

Anyone?

Sincerely Lasse

Anyone in the staff?

Sincerely Lasse

Sorry, what you want to do is currently not possible.
    Maybe we'll add this in a future firmware update, but for now you could try connecting a LEDControl, program it to invert the output signal and connect your heater to the LED control.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you for the answer

I´m part of the planning crew for the new public aquaria of maritime museum of Gothenburg. We are now looking for control system for the whole aquarium part and want to continue with the GHL concept if possible. We use in the old system for the moment. This is one of the questions I have not find a solution for at the moment, and I need a way of doing it. it is great if there is a walk around as you suggest. Do you mean that I should use the chilling function on the physical probe, Connect that probe to a L port in the 1-10 V section. After this physical connect a LED control (which LED control do you mean - LED control4 V2 gives a PWM I think - not 1-10V - I can´t find your old passive in your shop only LED controller1 V200) and after that program it to an invert signal? The system should be up running in 2020 but for the planning - we need to know our options rather fast.

Sincerely Lasse

Hi

actually there is a solution.

The Relais-Signal of the L-port has been misused to determine cooling (pulled to GND) and heating (floating).

Maybe you can use this signal.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I´m not sure if I understand what you mean but if you say it can be done - it is enough for me in order to work further on with the planning and when it is time for configurating the real system in 2019-2020 - I ask for help again. For the moment - I only need the answer - it is possible to do this. Thank you Matthias

Sincerely Lasse