Thread: Doser 2.1 ATO, coupling 2 pumps to the same sensor or get a doser maxi slave

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Doser 2.1 ATO, coupling 2 pumps to the same sensor or get a doser maxi slave

Hi everyone,

Currently I run my ATO on a single dosing pump of my Doser 2.1 SA. However, on average it needs to pump about 15 Liters of RO-DI water per week and this seems to be to much for a single pump to handle. I regularly (every couple of months) need to replace the blue cap on this pump as bits of plastic will break-off on the inside.

Luckily I can make room for a slave unit, but I'm now having the following dilemma:
    1) I opt for a Doser Maxi slave. Which has a flow rate 10 times as high and can run continuously, so this should be the ultimate solution to the capacity problem. Hurrah!

However...
    Option 2) I get a 4 channel Doser 2.1 slave unit and appoint two channels to the level sensor. Then each pump would need to pump 7.5 Liters of RO-DI water per week AND I have enough channels left to get a KH director in the future... :-)

So, the questions I'm having:

For the GHL support team:
    Are the Doser 2.1 pumps capable of delivering 7.5 L per week without needing spare parts every other month?

For everyone:
    Has anyone else assigned two (or more) pumps to the same sensor? It seems to be possible, but does it work properly?
    Any other thoughts/ideas are much appreciated as well off course.

Regards,
    René
    Last edited by ReneReef; 26.09.2018 at 20:24.