Thread: Doser 2.1 ATO, coupling 2 pumps to the same sensor or get a doser maxi slave

Default Doser 2.1 ATO, coupling 2 pumps to the same sensor or get a doser maxi slave

Hi everyone,

Currently I run my ATO on a single dosing pump of my Doser 2.1 SA. However, on average it needs to pump about 15 Liters of RO-DI water per week and this seems to be to much for a single pump to handle. I regularly (every couple of months) need to replace the blue cap on this pump as bits of plastic will break-off on the inside.

Luckily I can make room for a slave unit, but I'm now having the following dilemma:
    1) I opt for a Doser Maxi slave. Which has a flow rate 10 times as high and can run continuously, so this should be the ultimate solution to the capacity problem. Hurrah!

However...
    Option 2) I get a 4 channel Doser 2.1 slave unit and appoint two channels to the level sensor. Then each pump would need to pump 7.5 Liters of RO-DI water per week AND I have enough channels left to get a KH director in the future... :-)

So, the questions I'm having:

For the GHL support team:
    Are the Doser 2.1 pumps capable of delivering 7.5 L per week without needing spare parts every other month?

For everyone:
    Has anyone else assigned two (or more) pumps to the same sensor? It seems to be possible, but does it work properly?
    Any other thoughts/ideas are much appreciated as well off course.

Regards,
    René
    Last edited by ReneReef; 26.09.2018 at 20:24.

Hello René,

GHL Doser2 could handle this and with the revisioned pump caps, it would work also combining several dosing pump channels to a level control,
    but you want a DoserMaxi for your purposes without a doubt
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias,

Haha, new fancy gear is always the way to go...
    Thats why I'm leaning towards an option that keeps open the possibility for a KH director in the future.

What do you mean by "revisioned pump caps"? Do you have a new more surdy version (coming) out?

In general, what would you say is the max daily dosing limit for a doser 2.1 pump? ~1 L?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    Hello René,

GHL Doser2 could handle this and with the revisioned pump caps, it would work also combining several dosing pump channels to a level control,
    but you want a DoserMaxi for your purposes without a doubt

Hello René,

Doser 2 can go up to 50 litres per day with speed set to fast and we always enhance our products for best quality possible. We'll keep you informed when there are news.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Oke, well, I made up my mind and just ordered a Doser 2.1 slave unit.
    I'll keep an eye out for an updated version of the pump caps.

Thank you for your answers.