Thread: Second hand Profilux with PIN code set

Default Second hand Profilux with PIN code set

Morning,

I have purchased a new to me Profilux 3 (not sure of exact model - trying to connect to confirm the model).

I have downloaded v1.1.7 of GCC and updated the USB/COM driver.

The GCC can see the Profilux however I am being prompted for a PIN code. I don't know what the code is. Failing my getting off the person that sold it to me, is there a way of doing a factory reset?

Assuming I can get past this I'm sure I will have other questions. Part of the bundle was the SMS module, a Dosing master and a dosing slave (I doubt I will use the Dosers as I have 2.1 SA). I also got 2 x Powerbars (1 x 6 port and 1 x 4 port).

First things first - I need to connect to and reset the Profilux.

Any chance these units have a factory reset option that wipes the PIN?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

these are the instructions for resetting the pin from our ProfiLux 3 programming guide:
    Switch off the device (remove voltage supply), switch it on again (connect voltage supply again).
    Directly after that, still while the status and greetings display can be seen, press Esc and RETURN at
    the same time. Afterwards you are asked Clear PIN?. After confirmation with Yes the PIN is
    again in the delivery status (0000 – deactivated).
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for the reply. I managed to guess the code (only took a few attempts as it was 1111). Device now has updated firmware.

Today I hope to upgrade firmware on the powerbars and SMS module and may connect the pH probe and see what I can get it monitoring. Also hoping connecting to myGHL works smoothly.