Thread: Conductivity Alarm Threshold

Default Conductivity Alarm Threshold

Is there a way to trigger an alarm if my conductivity deviates by 0.75 mS? Perhaps I am setting this up wrong, but the only place I can change the setting limits the range to 2.5 mS. This is a pretty drastic swing and an earlier notification would be very useful. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hello Jack,

A 2.5mS swing is equivalent to a 1.001 SG swing which is an unnoticeable change in a reef.
    Specific Gravity (SG) is the standard measurement used for reef tanks. Some use the PPT measurement too.

For example, a +/- deviation of 2.5mS is like having a change from 31.8ppt(1.024 SG) to 33.2ppt (1.025 SG); which does not negatively impact a reef tank.

If you want to trigger an alarm at a 1.32ppt (1.001 SG) +/- change, set the max deviation to 2.5mS.

Thank you for the reply Vinny. I do have my alarm setup for a 2.5mS swing. Thankfully my salinity is very stable and I just wondered if there was a way to tighten up the alarm notification. I try to maintain close to 35ppt / 53mS approx.