Thread: 1-10V controlled skimmer pump

Default 1-10V controlled skimmer pump

My skimmer pump is controlled by the 1-10V interface, which I configured it to operate at Minimum during maintenance mode. This maintenance mode is for manual water change, which turn off the return pump, chiller and set the skimmer to run at minimum for 30 minutes. However, once this 30mins have passed, the skimmer pump immediately goes back to normal operation and because the sump is still full of water as the return pump just re-started, the skimmer cup will always be overflowed.
    Is there a way that i can delay the skimmer pump to return to normal after the maintenance mode? Thanks.

You can do this by connecting the skimmer pump to an outlet on your powerbar.

How to create a skimmer delay after end of maintenance mode

CREATE THE 1ST PL FUNCTION: Maintenance mode delay
    1. Go to the PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC settings page.
    2. Select an unused Gate and set the function to DELAYED OFF.
    3. Set the Input to MAINTENANCE and specify how long to delay the reaction.
    4. Type-in a description and click OK.

CREATE THE 2nd PL FUNCTION: Combine first PL with another function
    1. Select another unused Gate and set this function to AND.
    2. Set Input 1 to any existing function you wish to assign.
     For example, if you currently have the skimmer set to turn OFF for a feed pause, you’d select FILTER.
     If you do not have any existing function assigned to the skimmer, select ALWAYS ON.
    3. Set Input 2 to PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC and select the PL Gate number you used when you created the 1st PL function (Maintenance delay). Invert this function.
     For example, if you created the PL function on Gate 1, select PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC 1.
    4. Type-in a description and click OK.

ASSIGN THE 2nd PL FUNCTION TO A POWERBAR OUTLET
    1. Go to the SWITCH CHANNELS AND OUTLETS settings page and select the Powerbar outlet that has the skimmer connected to it.
    2. Set this function to PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC and select the Gate number you used when you created the 2nd PL function.
    3. Type-in a description and click OK.
    4. Click SAVE CHANGES.

Thanks Vinny.
    I used this kind of PL before, but i don't want to switch on and off the pump that often, I am actually trying to see if the 1-10V interface have similar "delay on" after maintenance function similar to the switch socket. I am sorry if i didn't state it clearly.

How often are you doing water changes?

The average WC schedule is 1x/week.
    At these intervals there is absolutely no harm done to the pumps from turning ON/OFF.
    Maybe the pump gets damaged if it switched ON/OFF every few minutes, but not once per week.

As to the delay via 1-10V control, this would not be doable on the P4.

Yeap, just once a week. It is the problem of my skimmer pump, it have some difficulties start up after switching it on and off, that's why i want to try it on 1-10V. Time for a new pump maybe
    Thanks Vinny.