Thread: Tunze Pump not reacting as per stream setting

Default Tunze Pump not reacting as per stream setting

Ive had my two Tunze powerheads running on my Profilux 3 for over a year without issue.
    Ive recently tried changing some of the settings and positioning of the powerheads for different affects.

I notice that the powerheads are now both spinning and stopping at the same time regardless of the settings i have set in the profilux.

Ive tried re-booting the Profilux and unplugging the powerheads, Ive also removed the pumps from the stream group and re-created them but still its the same.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Cheers

Hi,

Post screenshots of your 1-10V INTERFACE settings page and Stream pump group where these pumps are assigned to.

Have any of the Tunze cables been moved or changed?
    On which 1-10V do you have these pumps connected to?

Thanks Vinny, I try unplugging the splitter cable from the splitter to see how the pump would react and they both sped up as would be expected if not controlled by the Profilux.

Everything has been working fine and only stopped when i started playing with the settings so im fairly certain its something ive done.

No cables have changed but ive added a couple more devices recently in that area so i wouldnt 100% rule out a cable being knocked. Its a huge pain for me to get to the back and re-plug everything so i will leave that as a last resort.

10v Interface.JPG

Stream Group.JPG

1. Change the Min / Max voltage for both pumps to 3v / 8v.

2. If you want the pumps to run their own different wave modes, you can either keep them in the same group and run PERMANENT OPPOSITE or set each pump to its own group and assign a mode to each pump.

That didnt make any difference to the Pump. I'll pull the Profilux out this weekend and re-connect all cables see if that does the trick.

Thanks

Hi Vinny,

I just noticed, whilst the pumps are not responding as they have been configured in the Profilux they will pause when i hit feed pause. Surely that would indicate that the communication i.e cabling is working?
    Any other suggestions i could try that dont require me to unplug everything?

thanks

Hi again,

Ive plugged my Tunze pumps into the multi controller and they work as expected so definitely not the pumps.

The Profilux cables and splitter look somewhat corroded and i suspect are at fault however these are less than a year old. Is there something i can use to clean them and test them before i order replacements?

Thanks

Hi,

Corrosion on the pins will certainly cause communication issues. It would be best to just replace both Tunze cables and the YL2 splitter if that has corrosion spots also.