Thread: Kessil a360we - LBF-AP?

Default Kessil a360we - LBF-AP?

Hi all,

Having recently decided to go GHL instead of Neptune for my new (and first) mixed reef ever, I'm excited to be part of the community!

I am putting together my Profilux parts list and had a question about connecting Kessil a360we Tuna Blue lights... I have seen on other posts here that I will need the LBF-AP part to connect the light(s).

To clarify, I will need 1x LBF-AP for each light I want to connect/control, correct? So since I have 3x Kessil lights, I will need 3x LBF-AP, correct?

Thanks!
    J

Hi there,

First off, allow me to welcome you to the GHL club.

Now for your question
    Each 1-10V breakout box (formerly called LBF-AP) can control 2 independent channels. Since these Kessils run on 2 channels where 1 is for color and the other is for intensity, you would need 1x breakout box per A360we.

So in short, for 3x A360we you need 3x breakout boxes.

I'll also add that the other option is to just use 1x breakout box and wire all 3x color channels into the first 1-10V channel and the 3x intensity channels to the other channel on the breakout box.

With this setup, the ProfiLux would control all 3x Kessils on 2 separate Illumination channels where 1 Illumination channel is the color and another Illumination is the intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I'll also add that the other option is to just use 1x breakout box and wire all 3x color channels into the first 1-10V channel and the 3x intensity channels to the other channel on the breakout box.

With this setup, the ProfiLux would control all 3x Kessils on 2 separate Illumination channels where 1 Illumination channel is the color and another Illumination is the intensity.
    And I think I read that I do not need the Kessil controller correct? The Apex cable will connect from the last daisy-chained light to the breakout box (after modifying the RJ45 end)?

Yes, you just need the communication cable modified and connected to the breakout box. No additional controller needed.