Thread: How is cloud cover determined?

Default How is cloud cover determined?

How is Clouds determined to cycle on the Mitras Light Bar? I understand under the Simulation the Max Pause, and max Duration, and that I have to choose on my light channel Darkened by clouds, what determines the intervals between the cloud covers? If Rainy days are chosen I noticed it not rainy all day, what sets this interval? It looks like also if I set for example Tuesday it not all every Tuesday and sometimes it even skips over Tuesday. Is their any log to see what and when this happens?

The reason why I am asking this because I actually pointed a camera to my tank for week and then reviewed the tapes in fast forward and the pattern is very random, which is great but was wondering what is the interval between max pause and max duration? Because there seems to be another interval we are not seeing that really is random between max pause and the next time it happens on a given day or days?

I posted this in another section but it was part of another question so I split it into two questions and posted the questions in different forum area more suitable to the request.

Thanks

Clouds: The max. pause (0s - 100s) determines how long the time intervals between two clouds should be
    Rainy days: There's no log, but if Tuesday is selected it should be every Tuesday

For more information please check the programming guide: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...g-guide-v7-02/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

As I stated above I video taped my tank so I could actually see if the settings actually did what they were suppose to do, and the confusion is it not what I am thinking is happening so now the details:

My Max Pause is 100s, my Max Darkening because I wanted to see how it works is 90%, my Min is 9s my Max Duration is 85s.

So If I read this based on your statement above, I should have a pause between clouds every 100s with my LED channels (And I set all my channels so I could see it) will max dark at 90% with a time interval of the clouds which is random between 9-85s.

My assumption based on your statement above is it should be 100s pause, 9-85s clouds, 100 pause throughout the day? And would do this every day of the week, as nothing in above statement says clouds are based on the Rainy Days?

So I should see clouds effects every day?
    It works along side of Rainy Days? So If the rainy day was 20% and the clouds were say 40% darkening then the total darkening on the interval would be 60%

Is my assumption correct?

No other variables impact the clouds? Because it more then 100s between the cloud cover Which I am not complaining about, but just wondering what it is?

Any thought if it suppose to work like I laid out above why only 100s pause? That is less then 2 minutes for clouds again? Has any thought been given to increase the max pause?

Thank you

Rainy days work for the whole day and depend on the systemtime.
    Clouds do not depend on rainy day simulation, so the darkening would result in the 60% as you mentioned.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.