Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GHL Connect and MyGHL connection issues

Default GHL Connect and MyGHL connection issues

I can almost always connect just fine to either one.
    The problem is staying connected.
    I log in, my info is retrieved from my P4, then I go into whatever setting I'm trying to change, make my changes and then hit the save button and I get the disconnect error message and have to start over.
    I was using the GHL Connect app on my iphone the other day and it took me maybe 5 tries before I could make a couple simple changes to a timer.

Latest P4 and wifi firmwares installed as of 2-3 weeks ago.
    -dennis

Hi Dennis,

What are the firmware versions you have installed exactly?
    - P4 firmware
    - WiFi module firmware

We just released a new version of GCC bundled with P4 FW 7.15 and WiFi module FW 6741.

When you're on the app, are you connecting to your P4 from within your wifi network or are you accessing the P4 through myGHL?

Hey Vinny,

P4 firmware is 7.12 and wifi is whatever was current when I downloaded the P4 firmware. Did both at the same time.

I can connect from here at the office so I assume I'm connecting through myGHL? I set the app up awhile ago.
    -dennis

We're now on P4 firmware 7.15 and WiFi module firmware 6772.

Further improves were made to connection stability coming from 7.12.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...nter-v1-1-1-7/

BEFORE you do the P4 update, make sure to create a backup copy of both the P4 settings and sensor data.
    This update jump is pretty significant so the P4 may very well revert back to factory settings.

For updating the Wi-Fi module, you can do it through the P4 web interface (enter P4 IP address in web browser) or using the WiFi Firmware Update Tool.

Yep, I always backup before updating.
    I'll give it a shot.

Is there any chance it's a wifi issue, unrelated to the P4? Could just be coincidence, but I seem to get a more solid connection from outside my home (like when at my office) than when inside the home.
    Any reason that might be? I don't have any other wifi issues at home that I know of (like internet, tv streaming, etc).
    -dennis

Well if it's an issue relating to signal strength, the WiFi module firmware update may be the fix.

I'm all up to date again and having the same issues.
    Yet I can connect with GCC and stay connected with no problem.
    -dennis

You can try setting WiFi-mode 802.11 b/g, which has less bandwidth, but the wifi range is better.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    You can try setting WiFi-mode 802.11 b/g, which has less bandwidth, but the wifi range is better.
    That is what I have it set to. And WiFi mode is "client and access point".
    Should I try something different?
    -dennis

Can you post a screenshot of your P4's signal strength?