Thread: Doser 2.1 ATO function problem

Default Doser 2.1 ATO function problem

Hi, I have a P4 and also a doser 2.1 which recently I decided to use as ATO given I had one spare head. My daily evap is around 2,0 liters.

After working for a couple of days it suddenly stoped working without warning. The only reason I noticed was because I was looking at the Connect app and all my sensor readings were wrong as the probes were exposed to air. The pump itself is working ok, but it had simply stoped working.

I reset it and it was working again. Went on vacation and two days later my probe settings were already wrong, as the ATO stopped working again. Fortunate.y I could ask my housekeeper to top of with fresh water until I arrived.

Any idea why this happened? I bought a small pump and am now using the P4 to control the ATO, which is working perfectly. But I would like to use the doser and eliminate the extra pump and plu.

Kind regards

Vasco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Vasco,

How many sensors are you using for the ATO function?

Can you manually toggle the ATO sensor(s) and see if they are responding?
    You can view their status in GCC LEVEL settings page.

Hi Vinny, thanks for taking the time. I was using one optical level sensor. I am now using the same sensor connected to the P4 using a feed pump for ATO duty and is has been working flawlessly so the sensor is fine.

I was using a 10min max on time which at 400ml should be more than enough for a single top up... I also had auto recover after alarm triggered option or something like that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming that your pump calibration resulted in 40ml/min, the 10min max will not be long enough because the alarm is triggered exactly at the 10 minute mark. If the pump needs 10 minutes to dispense the needed amount of top off water, the alarm will be triggered at 10 minutes.

Increase the Max on-time to 12 minutes and see if the issue persists.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Assuming that your pump calibration resulted in 40ml/min, the 10min max will not be long enough because the alarm is triggered exactly at the 10 minute mark. If the pump needs 10 minutes to dispense the needed amount of top off water, the alarm will be triggered at 10 minutes.

Increase the Max on-time to 12 minutes and see if the issue persists.
    Thanks Vinny, I will try that.

Kind regards

Vasco

Hi,

Is your problem resolved now?

By the sound of it, I've been having exactly the same problem since about May this year.
    Sometimes the ATO will work just fine for weeks on end, before suddenly stopping for no apperent reason.

Increasing the max on-time was not a solution for me. I have it set to 15 min, which is the recommended max for a doser pump head according to the manual.

I was adviced last monday through the tickets and inquiries system, to switch from 'always active' in the ATO-level-settings to a timer, that activates the ATO. This would force the ATO system to reset and hopefully counter act it seizing up.

I have now programmed it as such. I have it coupled to timer 1 and programmed it to activate every 3 hours for 2h:59min.
    Hopefully this will fix the problem, so that I can go on holliday without worrie... ;-)

Regards,
    René

Quote Originally Posted by ReneReef View Post
    Hi,

Is your problem resolved now?

By the sound of it, I've been having exactly the same problem since about May this year.
    Sometimes the ATO will work just fine for weeks on end, before suddenly stopping for no apperent reason.

Increasing the max on-time was not a solution for me. I have it set to 15 min, which is the recommended max for a doser pump head according to the manual.

I was adviced last monday through the tickets and inquiries system, to switch from 'always active' in the ATO-level-settings to a timer, that activates the ATO. This would force the ATO system to reset and hopefully counter act it seizing up.

I have now programmed it as such. I have it coupled to timer 1 and programmed it to activate every 3 hours for 2h:59min.
    Hopefully this will fix the problem, so that I can go on holliday without worrie... ;-)

Regards,
    René
    I solved my problem simply buying a cheap pump, connecting the level sensors to the Profilux4 and forget about the Doser. Even with a daily evaporation of about 1.7-2.0 liters the Doser would be running for several minutes every time the level sensor was triggered (when it was working) and already making some “unhealthy” noises.

Since I switched to the P4 + pump (cheap small sicce 300l/h pump) I never had any issues again, the pump works for about 6 seconds and turns off. And it is dead silent.

I still have to use an outlet for that pump but it is much more convenient than the multi wire ATOs out there.

Hope your solution works well

Ah yes, thats a fine alternative.
    Sadly I must do with a stand alone doser without a Profilux...

The “unhealthy” noises are also an issue indeed, I do keep some spare blue caps in stock for that. An argument to keep the system as it is, is the very convenient alert when the ATO water is running low. I will probably be getting a doser maxi slave unit, when they are back in stock. I can use some extra dosing channels anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by VJARDIM View Post
    I solved my problem simply buying a cheap pump, connecting the level sensors to the Profilux4 and forget about the Doser. Even with a daily evaporation of about 1.7-2.0 liters the Doser would be running for several minutes every time the level sensor was triggered (when it was working) and already making some “unhealthy” noises.

Since I switched to the P4 + pump (cheap small sicce 300l/h pump) I never had any issues again, the pump works for about 6 seconds and turns off. And it is dead silent.

I still have to use an outlet for that pump but it is much more convenient than the multi wire ATOs out there.

Hope your solution works well

Yes... the only problem is that the container size is limited to 30L and mine is about 50 so it also did not work for me...