Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GCC cannot connect to Profilux after doses firmware update

Default GCC cannot connect to Profilux after doses firmware update

Hi all: I have tried to update the firmware of my slave doser 2.1. During the process there was a failure, but the main problem is that, after that, I cannot connect anymore to Profilux 3.1 by means of the USB cable. I have reinstalled GCC v. 1.1.4.. Profilux 3.1 version is 6.35. Apparently the Profilux is working OK, but I cannot connect to it via GCC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by chema61; 29.07.2018 at 22:38.

Have you tried restarting the PC and P3.1?

If yes, please connect the USB cable to the PC and ProfiLux, then post screenshots of your Windows device manager and GCC connection setting for the P3.1.

Hi Vinny, thank you for your response. Yes, I have tried to restart the PC (Windows 8.1 running in a MacBook Pro under Parallels) and P3.1 several times with no result. Here you have picts of the Windows device manager window and the GCC connection settings for the P3.1. I'm afraid the first one is in Spanish. You may see that USB port is COM4. I have tried to use COM4 instead of Auto in the GCC connection settings but also with no result.

I have also tried a complete new installation of GCC, new installation of the driver. Nothing works.

IMG_6645.jpg

IMG_6646.jpg

Can you show a screenshot with Ports (COM&LPT) selected?

Since you're running windows on a Mac, have you also restarted windows itself and not just the computer?

Ports (Com&LPT) shows COM4. I have changed it to some other numbers (COM1 for example) with no effect.
    I have restarted windows several times also with no effect.
    Would it be worth to try other Windows versions? I have another computer running Windows 10. Also, would it be worth to downgrade to GCC 1.1.1.3? Is it compatible with firmware 6.35

I have to add that I have been using Profilux and GHL items for the last 10 years. In general it's a robust and efficient system but I would rather go on vacations with my worst enemy than upgrading firmware. Each time I have performed a firmware upgrade I have lost several days correcting problems.

Perhaps there is an issue with the driver loading correctly when windows is running on the emulator software.

Use the WIN 10 computer, manually download the correct USB driver if necessary, and set the P3 connection settings to either AUTO or the specific COM number shown in device manager.

I have tried all your suggestions using another PC with Windows 10. Same result. GCC is unable to connect to P3.1. I have tried both GCC 1.1.1.4 and 1.1.1.6. I have installed, uninstalled, installed, restarted. No result.

I'm beginning to be very worried. It has been three days since the problem and I cannot connect to P3.1. I don't know what to do. I have tried everything I guessed and all your suggestions.

What's the use of a controller you can not control? Do I have to throw away P3.1?
    Last edited by chema61; 01.08.2018 at 12:01.

Uninstalling and reinstalling GCC has nothing to do with the USB issue.

Send us an email with the following info:

GHL Control Center version you're trying to use
    P3 firmware currently running
    Screenshot of device manager on Win 10 computer

Email to: info@ghlusa.com

I already gave you all the info:
    GCC: either 1.1.1.4 or 1.1.1.6. None works
    P3.1 firmare version: 6.35
    device manager shows UBS port COM1. I tried setting ports to COM, COM3, COM4 and AUTO. Nothing works
    Last edited by chema61; 01.08.2018 at 17:06.

Well, I got it!
    I assigned device address 2 to the P3.1 connection and now I can connect to P3.1. Opened a beer to celebrate it.

Now it comes the second part of the problem. I have to connect a slave loser 2.1 which is not responding now as there was an interruption of the firmware update process.

I have been checking the instructions for an emergency firmware update, but in all cases the instructions assume that the PAB device is already assigned. That is not my case. The GHL logo is off and P3.1 says "No PAB device found" what I try to assign it. Of course, it is the only PAB device connected to the PAB port. If it is not detected how can I go with the emergency update?

When I connect the doser to the power supply the green status led at the back flashes a few times and then goes off. No power to the doser pumps or to the logo.
    Last edited by chema61; 01.08.2018 at 18:47.