Thread: Calcium Reactor control

Default Calcium Reactor control

First let me apologise if this has been posted before but I can't find it.
    I want to control a calcium reactor with kh director and have looked at the manual but I'm still confused (lol)
    Does the director control the pH of the calcium reactor turning on and off the co2 to raise and lower it to increase the amount of media absorbed into the effluent or does it just turn the outlet of effluent on and off ??
    Is the solenoid on the co2 controlled through a controllable socket ?
    Thanks for any advice in advance
    Anthony

Hi Anthony,

When you have a ProfiLux, you can set the KHD to control the Calcium Reactor's solenoid based on the pH value within the main chamber.

This solenoid would have to be connected to a controllable socket on a powerbar. In the KHD settings, you will be able to set the desired pH limits which therefore allows you to better control the Alk released.

Hi Vinny
    Thanks for the info I thought it might be through the co2 but clarification is much appreciated.
    One more daft question is there a specific kH a calcium reactor produces at a certain pH or is it a matter of trial and error ?
    Thanks
    Anthony

Hi,

The amount of KH released at a certain pH level will solely depend on the density of the aragonite media.