Thread: New (12 July) Wifi Update - Password Fail /. Bug?

Default New (12 July) Wifi Update - Password Fail /. Bug?

Hi,

Updated to the new WiFi-Module-ESP-Update that was released the 12 July 2018. Link here

P4 Firmware - 7.14
    GCC - 1.x.x.16

Steps:
    1. Updated WiFi Module first - Success. New Version showing on GCC:
    2. I could not logon to the web interface.
    3. I then did a Filesystem flash with the update tool.
    4. First time it said it worked - but it didnt, in GCC 1.x.x.16 it showed the File System *(under system > communications> at the bottom) as unchecked.
    5. I tried to flash the file system again - this time it worked.
    6. Setup all my wifi settings and admin password

Hit the webinterface and tried to login with the credentials I set. (same as the ones I have always had) - did not work.
    Then used the default credentials admin - Starfish - it logged me in.....

Closed down GCC, reopened and reconnected went back into the settings removed the password - saved. Updated view, then put in the same password I always use - Save - > tried again same thing wont use my new saved and showing password but will work with the Starfish password.

Have tried rebooting the P4 trying the same thing but it just wont save the new password. It will always work with Starfish. I have updated the WebInterface to 1.06 as well (using the Starfish password to access the site), then tried to reset the password to my default password that I always use - same result as above.

Not to sure what is going on but its not saving new passwords.......

Any ideas - bug?

Hello,

thank you for pointing this out.
    The initialization has been changed and the password remained to the default.

We fixed this in WiFi-firmware 6758, which is available in the WiFi-Update-Tool-package now.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    Hello,

thank you for pointing this out.
    The initialization has been changed and the password remained to the default.

We fixed this in WiFi-firmware 6758, which is available in the WiFi-Update-Tool-package now.
    No worries always happy to test. Will download and test in about three hours.

Tested new update and the password now works.
    Thank you