Thread: Temperature probe failure??

Default Temperature probe failure??

I suddenly have an alarm on my temperature and on the P4 and Touch it shows Temp ***

Does this mean the probe has failed? If so, I assume as it is under a year old it is under warranty. Is there anything I can try to test it?

Meanwhile, as my heaters are heater stats, I will set them to always on and let the heater stats take control of themselves until this is sorted.

Oh, and I have made no changes for weeks to the software and noe of the kit has been disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmorefun View Post
    Hi,

Thanks but I'm afraid this is not the same problem. The probe has been in place for months and workng perfectly. I have powered down and restarted and it comes up again as ***. I checked the back of the P4 and everything seems tight. I have made no changes, it just suddenly went during the England match!

To make matters worse, I was moving my calibrated thermometer to the DT to keep a closer eye on it... and I dropped it on the floor :-(

I am currently relying on the inbuilt stats on my heaters to maintain a roughly OK temperature.

So I am still wondering, is this probe dead???

I have looked at the store and I am unclear. Which temp probe is the correct one for a P4 please?

Hi there,

Please open a support ticket and attach a copy of your sales receipt so we can troubleshoot this further.

P4 temperature probes use a BNC connector. The digital temperature probe is the direct replacement to your current probe.

Hi Vinny, I have done some digging... and I have had the kit for over a year - so I guess it won't be under warranty anyway. I will open a ticket as suggested. Thanks for the info about the replacement type.

Cheers

John