Thread: Turn off light when too hot.

Default Turn off light when too hot.

Can I set the switch for my refugium light to turn off when the water temperature goes above a set value?

Yes. Check the logic settings

Skickat från min G8141 via Tapatalk

Sorry im new to GHL, I’ve just switched from Apex and lost half my tank lastnight. I think the temperature went up because of the refugium light coming on.

Where are the logic settings, is it in GHL Control Center? What do I need to set it too?

Temperature Dependent Light Reduction will do exactly what you're asking about.

1. Put your refugium light schedule on any available ILLUMINATION channel and select the option that says TEMP. DEP. LIGHT REDUCTION.

2. In the Illumination category, there is a feature called Temp. Dep.Light Reduction, select it.

3. Select at what point this feature should turn OFF the selected Illumination channel(s).

4. Save settings.

If your refugium light is currently using a TIMER function, please do the above, then go to the CONTROL SOCKETS AMD OUTLETS settings page and select the outlet that has the light connected to it. Set the function to ILLUMINATION and select the channel number where you created the schedule for the refugium light.
    Last edited by Vinny; 07.07.2018 at 15:49.

Thanks Vinny. My heater is set to 26c at what temperature will the refugium light turn off/not turn on?

I’m currently at 27c (with 2 fans blowing on the tank) and it’s still coming on.

At 26C, you would have to set a 1C tolerance so that the light turns OFF if the temp exceeds 27C.

What menu do I set the tolerance in? Other than in the temperature probe menu I can’t see anywhere else to adjust it.

Sorry for such basic questions, I’ve only had this P4 set up 5 days and only just managed to update the WiFi.

In GHL Control Center, click the (+) to the left of ILLUMINATION and select Temp.dep.light reduction.

The settings will be shown there.