Thread: 2.1 Slave PAB Connection Issues

Default 2.1 Slave PAB Connection Issues

Wonder if anyone can help me.
    Have a 2.1 doser standalone plus a 2.1 slave connected via PAB.
    I've noticed that its 50/50 whether when the slave is powered up it connects tot he master. Sometimes the PAB light will flash green, then an amber light will flash and we're away, i.e it works! Other times the green light will flash then nothing. I have to power cycle the slave and hope the next time it connects but it can be random.

The master is running 1.28 and the slave 1.27. I cannot find the 1.28 firmware or any reference to firmware for the dosers. my logic was maybe this is a known issue and i could update the slave firmware?

I want to kill the power to the slave based on rules from other equipment but when i want the slave powered i need it to work!

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,
    Graeme

I tried different cables last night but that didn't work. i discovered the various firmware release files and decided to upgrade the firmware on the slave. this didn't fix the issue. So i decided to downgrade one version at a time. I eventually downgraded to the last available file, V1.24 and this worked! when the slave is powered the green light flashes rapidly then the amber light comes on then a connection is established. Seems to be consistent too now after many tests.

I think GHL have missed this 'bug'. interestingly when i upgraded to V1.28 the problem was worse which is why i knew it was a software issue.

Hi Graeme,

The issue you describe was not able to be replicated on our test dosers while running both SA and SLAVE on firmware 1.28.

Normally after the slave doser has been assigned to the SA unit, the PAB green light will be solid. This indicates normal function. The amber LED will flash when there is communication occurring between the SA and Slave doser.

Have you tried using the other PAB port on the units while on FW 1.28?