Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redox

Default Redox

Hi all,

I have two Redox probes, one on P4 on the Redox / PH socket ( Redox first means that is the probe connection for redox)

Other one on the Expansion box 1.

Probea are working tested both on a Aquamedic Redox controller.

When I calibrate - null plug then 220v solution I always get an incorrect reading on both devices.

The ACD on null plug goes between 468/9 when I attach the Redox probe ACD is almost the same 468/450.

The probe just reads all over the place keeps creating upwards till I reach 1000mv then stops.

This is happening on both EB1 firmware 1.08 and P4 firmware 7.14.
    Any help?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Btw here is the process I follow (I have also used three different Redox probes to insure this is not a probe issue)

I just changed it to PH, going to change it back to Redox just to see if that "resets" it. No matter what I have done to date (before changing the type Redox to PH) nothing works on either the P4 or the Exp B 1.
    Here is how I calibrate
    The process I follow:
    Sensors > redox 1 (or 2 for Exp B 1) > Calibrate > Select Calibration Tolerance (I have tried 1 - 4) > 220 Mv solution > INsert Null Plug (Confirmed using original null plug) > Start ACD 468/9 (not sure of the exact number but its 4xx the point is it changes by + 1 or -1), says insert to 220mv fluid, insert it into (new) fluid I just bought > does the same thing 4xx +1 or -1. says done. Then leave it in the fluid over the period of 10 mins goes to 1000mv.

Put it into my tank drops to o320mv then over the period of 10mins goes back to 1000mv.

I am stumped on this one.

 Set the calibration tolerance
     Determine the Calibration value 2 and confirm with RETURN
     Plug the Null- plug ->RETURN
     Wait for the signal sound
     Disconnect the Null- plug and then connect the Redox sensor ->RETURN
     Immerse the sensor in the Calibration liquid to suit your specified Calibration value ->RETURN
     Wait for the signal sound
     If no errors have occurred, save the calibrated values by selecting Yes and confirm with RETURN

Once the calibration says "done", what's the number do you get seconds later ?

Did you tried to reload firmware ? Check also for possible interference's
    Last edited by Kodo28; 23.06.2018 at 01:23.

Thank you!

I did follow those instructions. It must be 29 times now.

The number I get as I save is 450mv then gradually goes to 1000mv. Randomly it will drop to say 150mv then back to 1000mv.

What worries me most is the ACD values are similar for both null plug and when any of the four sensors I try. BTW this is both on my P4 and my Expansion Box 1.

What would interfere just so I can check.

Normally at the moment when you save the calibration process, you should have 220mv which is the calibration fluid value and not 450mv.

Did you tried to reinstall the firmware ?

ADC1 on mine is 476 and ADC2 578. I get 224-254mv (2 months old tank)
    Last edited by Kodo28; 23.06.2018 at 08:53.

Yeah I did that exact thing luckily I am not being a muppt leaving it in the fluid all four sensors go back to 1000mv.

Two.or three days ago I went to 7.14 beta hoping it would solve the issue but nope......

7.12 was doing the same thing.

Can you post a screenshot from GCC Redox tab.

Here we go

The small differences between ADC1 and ADC2 looks like the sensor doesn't read when plugged into the socket and inserted on the calibration. You said that the probes are working ok on the aquamedic.

So it should be something on the software because the EB1 has also the same problem so it cannot be from hardware.

Did you tried to reinstall the spiffs.bin file (file system) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodo28 View Post
    The small differences between ADC1 and ADC2 looks like the sensor doesn't read when plugged into the socket and inserted on the calibration. You said that the probes are working ok on the aquamedic.

So it should be something on the software because the EB1 has also the same problem so it cannot be from hardware.

Did you tried to reinstall the spiffs.bin file (file system) ?
    Well small correction the progress were working on my Profilux 3.1 as I upgraded to the P4 everything stopped working on the Redox side of things.

Haven't reloaded the spiff. Bin simply because that stops all the settings and often I have had issues trying to get my backed up settings and probe readings back to normal. You really think that it will be the logical next step?

Yeah I thought as much that the hardware was not getting readings. But I did try for different probes all Profilux or GHL.

The weird part is that i get same result on my expansion box 1 1000mv